Apple In Ear Headphones and 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Zimmy68, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

Re: the $79 Apple premium headphones.
    Has anyone tried this combination?
    Does the volume control work with the 3GS?
    I still can't believe they can't get them to work with the 3G but there is no excuse for them not to work with the 3GS, right?

2. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Works fine with the 3GS (it's listed as a 100% compatible device on the store page).

3. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

4. iWantiPhone macrumors regular

i got them on friday along with the 3GS and i am returning them. although they fully work, they suck. there is no bass, at all, i mean ok, a bit, but nothing like the v-mode vibes or bose in ear's.

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

No...they are better then the Bose in-ears, they aren't particularly stunning, but they are better then the Bose. And before you get on the anti-fan boy rant, I own a pair of 901s.

6. missadri macrumors newbie

Maybe you need to change your equilizer settings, because mine sound great with awesome bass.

7. NightStorm macrumors 68000

I love the sound of mine compared to my old V-Moda Vibe Duos. EQ set to off (used 'treble enhanced' or whatever it was called with the V-Modas).

8. Zimmy68 thread starter macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

I have owned mine since they were released and I have a love hate relationship with them.
    When they are properly inserted, they sound as good as my shure e2s (in my opinion).
    But Apple, of course, has to go the extra mile to make them less then perfect.

The cords are way too short. They could have easily added a few inches and it would have made them perfect.
    Having my iPhone in my pocket, if I move my head left or right, they fly out of my ears.
    Plugged into my MacBook, I look like an anchored ship in a strong current.

The earbuds seem to hate my guts and make it their goal to squeeze themselves out of my ear as soon as I put them in.

9. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

I used to think they had crappy bass too, but since they have the volume control, I used them with my new Shuffle anyway. Then recently, I pulled out my old Sennheiser CX300s and gave them a listen. After a few months of using the Apple buds, the CX300s sounded ridiculous. The bass was cartoonishly over exaggerated by comparison. I feel the Apple buds, while perhaps still a tad lean in the low end, represent a far more natural and realistic reproduction of music the way it was intended to be heard.