Apple in-ear headphones for iPhone

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jmsewe0, Nov 20, 2008.

1. jmsewe0 macrumors newbie

Ok guys, i need some new earphones for my iPhone. I like the stock ones, but I need something to block out noise while at work. Also, I am short on cash right now, but i do have a $100 Best Buy gift card. I have researched this quite a bit, and I was about to buy the V-Moda Vibe duos. They have pretty good reviews, they also have the microphone (which is a must have for me), and they are available at Best Buy.

This bring me to my question. I see the In-ear headphones are coming from Apple soon, but no one knows when. They are described as having two drivers, which would make me think they sound better than the Vibe duo's, but I am not sure. Also, will the remote work for pausing music on the iPhone? If they ship soon, will they also be available at Best Buy (since most every other Apple product is now)?

What should i do? Pick up the Vibe Duo's or wait for more info on the in-ear headphones?

Thanks!
    Josh

2. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Officially, the new headphones don't support the iPhone. There's talk that iPhone software 2.2 might fix that, but I've also heard it's a hardware incompatibility problem - the iPhone doesn't have the hardware to translate volume, control, voice, and audio from the headphones.

In any event, they're delayed with no ship date in site, so I would go with the proven Vibe Duos. They've gotten pretty good reviews, and I think they fixed the quality problem.