Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
I'm intrigued by the Apple In-Ear headphones. Only issue is that I would like to use them at the gym. Are they likely to fall out of my ears when i'm running? Anyone have experience with using these in a fairly athletic environment? Thanks!

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA

Apple Ink

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
With the Apple's I'll be more worried about the horrible standard of the mic and buttons... little sweat and the pod is kaput... search around you'll find many instances..

The VModa is good. The Etymotic HF is imo better!

ikermalli

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2008
If you want something cheaper with great sound, go out to bestbuy and buy a pair of iLuvs, I dont know the model number, but they look exactly like the VMODA Vibes except the red part is silver on them, love em

outaru

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2008
I'm also about to buy the new apple in-ear earphones, tried superfi 4 but it broke down on me after 3 months and the sounds when the cord bumbs on anything is annoying.. is this the same with the new apple earphones?:confused:

diazj3

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2008
Yes. My ear buds don't stay in when I'm not at the gym - forget about running, sweating, or anything else similar.

I've also had terrible experience with these: they always come out.

Plus, I'd advice against these in-ear headphones: they tend to damage hearing due to high volume and/or closeness of the sound source to the inner ear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.