Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phatzer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
Hey,

I'm just wondering, of those who have purchased the in-ear headphones for the iPhone, how much difference is there in terms of quality and power? I've been considering paying the ridiculous £54 for them, but wanted to know really how worth they money they are?

Thanks.

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
If you're currently using the earphones that came with your iPhone, the difference between those and the in-ear version is astounding. First off, they fit comfortably and snugly in your ear, making sure to block out other noises and really focus on the music. In addition, the bass response is awesome -- it blows the standard earphones out of the water.

And truthfully, the price for them is really not that bad. Most earphones of this quality would cost significantly more (just checkout some of the prices on Apple's site... it's ridiculous). So for a great deal, you're getting awesome sound quality, not to mention the convenience of a built-in mic with remote.

Note that not all the controls of the remote will work with the iPhone (which sucks), but I got 'em anyway. They're really that good.

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2008
Hey,

I'm just wondering, of those who have purchased the in-ear headphones for the iPhone, how much difference is there in terms of quality and power? I've been considering paying the ridiculous £54 for them, but wanted to know really how worth they money they are?

Thanks.

use the search function there are tons of threads already on this topic in this subforum

Phatzer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
Thanks for your feedback about the headphones. I bought them and have just started using them now.

I have to say, I'm a bit of a bass freak at home, I have some Logitech THX speakers to pack a punch and these headphones are brilliant. If people think these sound tinny, they have a problem. They are superb given the size of them and they block everything else out really nicely.

I must remember to take them out when I'm eating lunch, I don't mind smelling and tasting my food bu hearing it internally isn't so great.

Finally, I'll be able to listen to music while going for a walk and not have the ear buds popping out of my ear every 5 minutes.

Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.