Apple in-ear headphones with remote and mic vs... (alternatives?)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by gswearengin, Feb 24, 2016.

1. gswearengin macrumors newbie

Hey y'all,

My headphones are about to give up the ghost and will need to be replaced soon. Just thought I would ask for opinions here before I go buy the same thing over again. Any recommendations for something in a similar price range that might be better overall? I'm willing to consider spending up to €100, good, balanced sound quality is my #1, but design,comfort, and build quality also factor in. I really like having the in-line remote.

I'm pretty happy with the Apple in-ears, to be honest. I think I'm on my third set...replace the annoying silicone earbuds with some old Sony ones I have, and I'm off. It's annoying that the tiny little speaker grilles come apart and (as far as I know) they can't be purchased separately, and eventually the wiring becomes problematic, but I get about two years of heavy use out of them, so I guess I can't complain too much...

So, do I just buy another of what I already have, while (I think) you can still get them at the Apple Store, and before they start forcing Beats on us, and/or give up on the 1/8" jack altogether...or is there something else I should also look at?

Thanks,

Gary

2. kingston73 macrumors 6502

If you care about sound quality you should head over to the head-fi forum and read some of their reviews, very helpful.

3. MetalCores macrumors regular

MetalCores

If you want in ear the Sure SE215 are $99.00 on amazon and have great sound quality for the price.