Apple In-Ear headphones, wow!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by skyfreedom, Jan 23, 2009.

1. skyfreedom macrumors member

So i have been looking for the right headphones for so long, i have tried the Bose In-Ear and many others without being happy.
    After reviewing this forum i decided to place my order. Man im glad i did, these headphones ROCK!!!!:apple:

2. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

I've had mine for a while now and found them to be fantastic! They sound even better after they get "broken in".

S-

3. hvaldivia macrumors newbie

If they worked properly with the iPhone I'd get them too.

4. focalplane macrumors member

Do these work with the iPhone? eg can you make calls on them? the Apple Store doesnt say they are iPhone compatible

5. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

EVERYTHING works except for volume controls

6. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

I had the pleasure of trying these headphones before, they sound great and fit well in my ears. But I didn't want white earphones since it basically says "expensive electronic in this guy's pocket". Around my highschool expensive stuff depends to disappear frequently...lol, I got a little off topic, but, yes they are great headphones!

7. dilipc macrumors newbie

Can someone post the link for this headset please??

8. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

9. Tomb01 macrumors 6502

Not sure about these. Just bought my new iPhone over the weekend (birthday present), and 'treated myself' to the new headphones, but was terribly disappointed in the bass. While the highs seem good, the absence of any appreciable bass makes them feel 'tinny', regardless of how well they are inserted, or which of the pieces I put on... Sigh. I think they will go back as soon as I get back in town...

10. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

11. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

I also had the Bose In-ear heaphones at one point. After a few months one of the sides stopped working. I even kept it in the case full time when I wasn't using them.

I am hoping to get the new Apple ones sometime. Is the quality any better than the Bose ones?

12. Drumerdude macrumors member

I don't like the in ear apples to much. Like everybody else says, the base is horrible. The acoustic is very good though. i use skull candy in ear head phones right now. These are nice $30 headphones. they even have volume control. My favorite headphones are the Bose in ears. The base is killer. I borrowed them from a friend and they were awesome.

13. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

The bass is inadequate only if you like a heavy bass bias to your music or you don't get a good seal.

If you like to listen to music the way it was recorded, these head phones ARE for you.

S-

14. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

While I don't own them, I agree. If the bass isn't good enough for you, you're over-emphasizing it in the music. Besides, anyone expecting great bass performance from ear buds is a little misguided anyway.

15. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Imho, after the Bose... everyone would end up being disappointed at least in the Bass arena....

16. JackSYi macrumors 6502a

17. Drumerdude macrumors member

I never new that songs were recorded without a heavy base. I thought they always recorded with a heavy base.

I guess, that if you like the real recording studio mixes these headphones are defiantly for you. The big problem that I have with them is that the volume control and mic is up to high.

18. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Actually, a lot of music today is recorded with much of the frequency spectrum over-amplified. It's killing honest attempts at producing equipment that reproduces music faithfully.

19. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Only if you like over boosted bass and muddied mid-range and highs...

S-

20. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

I don't want to hear all these BS excuses

I had the pair for several hours and tried several different audio sources

It's not like other headphones over emphasize bass, its that given that they are SUPPOSE to be dual driver headphones they SUCK at reproducing lows

I own a set of professional studio headphones, they do not lack bass, nor do they overemphasize it.

I listened to music ( rock, rap, classical, korean, etc) movies, tv, and video games

In all areas these headphones could just not reproduce the lows

21. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Big whoopty doo that you own professional studio headphones. What does that prove? I own several sets.....Ultrasone PRO 900, Audio-Technica ATH-W1000....I have more but can't recall. That doesn't mean jack.

Sometimes I wonder if we got the same headphones. Because the are stellar as far as I am concerned. They aren't Shure SE 530 stellar, but they are very good indeed. I can't find headphones for less than $200 I prefer.

The lows are reproduced quite well...but I hate Rap and Hip Hop. But I listen to Classical, Jazz, Rock, Pop, Alternate, Blues, etc.....

This discussion, based on the wildly differing opinions, leads me to believe that maybe there is a significant difference from headphone to headphone set:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/new-apple-iem-review-feat-er-6i-391701/

S-

22. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

FIrst off, I have and love these ear buds.

Secondly, you absolutely will not get full bass unless you have the right sized tips and a proper seal. Like all ear buds, if you don't have a seal, the music will sound tinny.

Finally, while there is a common language for sound, it is very much a subjective issue. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

IMHO, for $80, it's hard to get a better pair of ear buds, especially ones with iPhone controls.

23. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

I agree, I don't think they are overpriced, but there are better in ear headphones for similar prices.

Let's put it this way, I would rather keep my stock apple headset and put the $80 towards better in ear headphones.

I actually don't think that they LACK bass, but they are not good at reproducing it given that they are suppose to be dual drivers. I would probably agree that they have bass equal to a er6i, but i thought they had less bass.... The problem is though that the rest of the sound range sound better on the ER-6i's

So if you want good sounding neutral headphones, get the er-6i's, you will love the sound for the price

If you want a headset with controls, with only a good mid range, then I guess the apple IEM are a good buy ( i just didn't like how they sounded)

I found a great quote online