Apple in-ear headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AppleTecFan, Mar 25, 2011.

1. AppleTecFan macrumors 6502

AppleTecFan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

My recently bought apple in ear headphones broken after only 16 days after buying it in one bud the sound is muffled while the other one is ok would apple allow me to replace it and would I make an appointment for it ?

2. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

yes, and yes.

i personally have had mine replaced previously due to the cable coming apart at the plug.

3. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

Does it comes with 1 year warranty, I was thinking about buying one.

4. draz macrumors 6502a

I bought one, used it for several weeks and never again.
    The silicone rubber got ripped easily and had to run around to several Apple stores looking for a replacement.
    The tiny silver grill thing gets dirty very quickly and is hard to clean.
    The earbuds were constantly falling out of my ear no matter what size silicone I had on. Which sucks if you are working out at a gym!

I had enough and lived with my older non-Apple earbuds without the remote.

Then I walked into a Sony Store and saw the Sony EX Earbuds with iPod Remote (MDREX38IPB)... For way cheaper than the price of the Apple In-Ear Headphones. I bought them immediately and never looked back. The sound quality is way better than the Apple branded ones and has enough bass too. It is easier to clean and it stays in my ear even when working out.

The remote works just like the Apple one, 3 buttons, calling, and voice control.

Only thing is that it is black.. But I will live with the black cord for the price and quality of the sound.
    Might want to check those out.

5. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I have had my in-ear headphones replaced without a genius bar appointment several times.

First time: Earbuds turned pink (uncommon issue, but if you google it you will see that other people have had the issue).
    Second time: the silicon buds came off easily.
    Third time: part of the cable turned pink, the silicon buds came off easily and the silicon buds turned pink.

6. jz7410 macrumors member

Do you need a receipt or will they just replace them? I have no clue where my receipt is