Apple In-ear Headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dpcalhoun, Dec 27, 2008.

1. dpcalhoun macrumors member

So, my earbuds from my original iPhone were falling apart and I got a pair of the new In-ear headphones from Apple. I understand why and knew about vibration noises that are picked up from wearing in-ear headphones(ex. cord rubbing against clothes). But I didn't expect it to be that bad.

I've noticed that I can even hear my footsteps while I walk around with my new in-ear headphones. I'm debating whether to take them back. Are in-ear headphones practical for everyday use(i.e. walking to class or a job where you are moving around a lot)?

I love the sound quality of the in-ears, but I'm questioning that practical use of them as a student that is constantly walking while listening to music. Is this noise something I'll get used to? Or are in-ear headphones only good for sitting still? I just wanted some opinions of people who have in-ear headphones, Apple's or any other brand.

Thanks.

2. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

I think probably your just trying to listen out for the noise created by the cable rubbing. Maybe try it a couple more days trying not to think about it. I have the same headphones and don't tend to think about the cable noise. I found the new apple in ear headphones to lack that kick from bass so switched to Skullcandy FMJ for iPhone, which have a lot of bass. The cable on it is coated in a smoother plastic thus reducing the cable noise.