Apple In-Ear or CX300?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Deyardly, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Deyardly macrumors newbie

Heya people.

This really isn't a very long or very deep question. I just wanted to know what your thoughts or experiences was with the new Apple In-Ear's versus Sennheiser CX300.

I ask this question, because I really like the new remote control of the Apple IE, but my concern is that it adds unnecessary weight to the cable of the headphones. Since I'm going to be using these headphones for workout (I have Grado SR-80 for general listening) my only concern is wether the addition of the remote has added to much weight to the cable meaning that the headphone would pop out of my ear all the time while I'm running.

If any of you know or have tried the new Apple In Ear I would love to hear from you, since I'm pretty much split between those and the Sennheisers (seeing as they are more or less the cheapest In Ears with decent sound).

EDIT - I can see that the CX300 weighs roughly 4grams whereas the Apple IE weigh about 10.2 grams. Do you think that all the extra weight (6grams) are from the remote alone?

2. i0Nic macrumors 65816

The mic/button barely adds any weight, going by the iPhone's headset. I would wait, I think the new headphones are good value and I'm sure they'll sound better than the cx300.

3. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

I haven't used the new Apple in-ear buds, but comparing the old ones to the CX300s, the Senns win hands down. It'll be interesting to see how the new Apple IEs hold up.