Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tumanbay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2009
Hope it wasn't right what I read in a webshop. It said these Apple in-ear headphone was just Ipod compatible what about Iphone? Come on tell me this isn't true:(. How can it be?

jaydez

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2009
By that they mean they dont have a microphone for the iphone. You will still be able to hear music though them.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Pretty sure the mic works but the volume doesn't. I'll go test it right now and see, but I thought you could answer and end a call, make use of the mic, play and pause, but you're SOL on the volume. At least with the 3G.

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
I have them. The only thing that doesn't work is the volume buttons.
The mic, and everything else, works fine.

anim8or

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2006
Scotland, UK
My apple in ear headphones do everything that is advertised.... volume control, skip forward and back, play, pause and microphone works.....

The site you mention must be a little out of date.

lollicup

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2009
All features of the newer Apple in-ear headphones work on the iPhone 3GS. All features but the volume controls work on the iPhone 3G.

S-

yup

Moderators, can we get a thread stickied like this ( similar to the speaker thread) it seems to be asked quite often and could save people both time and money

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.