Apple in Georgetown? Washington Post article...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by reubs, Feb 4, 2009.

1. reubs macrumors 68000

2. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I don't see why the first one was rejected. The building itself blended into the other buildings nicely and did keep heritage intact. The Old Georgetown board is really nitpicking if the size of the windows is too much for them. Design options 2 and 3 were clearly just time wasters. Apple had to know a modern design like those would not pass in Georgetown.

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Wow, late last year my brother had some trouble with his MacBook when he was up there for college, and he was quite upset there was no Apple Store near him.

Hopefully this time things will work out!

4. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

As a Hoya and graduate of GU, it would be quite convenient to have an Apple Store in Georgetown, but it's not like the one in Clarendon is all that hard to get to. It's what? One, two metro stops?

Honestly, I don't see that Georgetown would be that great a location for an Apple Store. It's mostly tourists who aren't going to buy computers or iPods. That said, I would have though it would have been a terrible location for furniture stores, but there are quite a few that do well there.

5. 11800506 macrumors 65816

What the committee is proposing is so ridiculous. Historic details or not, Apple knows good design and the thing about 4 instead of 5 windows is almost insulting. Regardless, whenever I go to Georgetown I think it would be the perfect location for an Apple store and I'm sure this store will do very well once it finally gets around the design issues and opens the store.

6. Superman07 macrumors 6502a

I guess DC must be a large market for them.

Heck, I didn't even know we had one in the Clarendon mall. There's already one in Pentagon City and Tysons. They just added one out at Fair Oaks two. Most people don't have one store within 100 miles. We've got 3 (or more) in a 20 mile radius! Now they want to add more?

I do like that fourth design though!