iPad Apple In Store Pick-Up, do I wait in line?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xraytech, Nov 1, 2013.

1. xraytech, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013

xraytech macrumors 68020

Ordered On-Line at Midnight West Coast time. I'm getting off work at 4pm. Question is...

Can I go straight to retail or do I wait in line like everyone else?

2. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

3. jeffm5690 macrumors regular

Nope

I was in and out of the store in less than 10 minutes...

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Yes
    and
    No

If there is nobody else there to pickup their ipad, you go right ahead. But, if all the employees are busy, you have to wait.

The local store this morning had two lines. One for online, one for new purchase.

by time I left, it was just an open, first come, first served. No real line.

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

There is no one answer. If you live in East Bumble, maybe no line.

I am currently in line on 14th St in NYC.

6. legioxi macrumors 6502a

I had the exact same experience when I picked up my order this morning around 8:20AM.

7. SaddleSC macrumors member

In Denver (Park Meadows Store), it was very disorganized. There were two lines (pre-orders and walk-ins) but they were taking people equally out of each line. So...even with a pre-order and a confirmation number, I waited almost an hour. It was frustrating, but all that matters is that I am home now with my new 32GB Verizon in Space Grey:)

8. Macalway macrumors 68000

I don't see any other way of doing it. You can't make the walk-ins wait any longer than anyone else. It's not a VIP thing. They could do two for one, or such, but that's not exactly kosher.

Interesting

9. nemesis4670 macrumors member

Walked in at 11:30am and the store was packed to the brim. Yet I went to the genius bar, told the guy there I was doing in store pickup for iPad Air, and he ushered me right to a sales guy. We spoke for about 5 minutes about ripping movies with handbrake while another guy went in the back to get my iPad.

I checked out the display model of the Air and thought it was awesome. Before I could even really do anything with it I got my 128GB iPad, signed for it, and I was out the door.

No hassle... and the guy said waiting up all night to order wasn't necessary as they have huge stock. I could have walked in and bought the exact model at that very moment. He said they will do the in store pickup with future devices from now on.

Definitely the easiest Apple launch and very stress free.