Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
If you ordered your iPhone for in-store pickup for launch day, have your received any tracking info or updates from Apple and/or by reference on UPS tracking? If so, please post here.

I ordered within 5 minutes of start time and selected In-store pickup and received my confirmation, but I have received no info on it other than that, and in looking at my order I am still able to cancel it if I wanted to. Usually, once your order gets to a certain point you can no longer cancel. I told myself I would not panic lol, until it was Wednesday and here we are!
Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat and if store pickup has anything to do with the lack of info.
TIA

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
That's what I was thinking might be the case.
Thank you very much for easing my mind.
So anxious to get my Max. :)

Reactions: eoblaed

Bootleg Gucci

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2013
NoVA
I have 9/21 pickup scheduled for XS Max Gold at my Apple Store. Nothing has changed other than Order Processing.

if they somehow screwed up and didn't have my iPhone launch day, then I wouldn't mind whining at the Store manager for a free gift card.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
I have 9/21 pickup scheduled for XS Max Gold at my Apple Store. Nothing has changed other than Order Processing.

if they somehow screwed up and didn't have my iPhone launch day, then I wouldn't mind whining at the Store manager for a free gift card.
LOL! okay, I'll accept that.

Xodd

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2009
I am also doing store pick up. Has anyone else been chaarged? My credit card still has the amount reserved...

ron1990

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Do you have any idea why the option to pick up from the store is not available around the world (Except for the United States) for nearly four days?
From your past experience, do you think Apple Store will open this option before this Friday?

thanks!

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
I am also doing store pick up. Has anyone else been chaarged? My credit card still has the amount reserved...
I was charged the tax only which is in pending charges but I ordered under the AT&T plan.

ian-frs

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2007
ATL
Full amount pending here. Kinda just wish it would clear so it doesn't look like double charges come Friday.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA

I do instore pickup every year, they actually charge when you pick it up.
[doublepost=1537383338][/doublepost]
If you ordered your iPhone for in-store pickup for launch day, have your received any tracking info or updates from Apple and/or by reference on UPS tracking? If so, please post here.

I ordered within 5 minutes of start time and selected In-store pickup and received my confirmation, but I have received no info on it other than that, and in looking at my order I am still able to cancel it if I wanted to. Usually, once your order gets to a certain point you can no longer cancel. I told myself I would not panic lol, until it was Wednesday and here we are!
Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat and if store pickup has anything to do with the lack of info.
TIA

Ya you won’t get any more notifications for instore pickup. Just go in at ur time. In most cases they will let you go in at 8am if ur time is at 10

Reactions: DotCom2

myworld2008

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2008
I have store pickup windows on 09/21 between 5 to 5:30 pm. I do not have any charge on my credit card yet. Not even pending transition. I hope there is no issue in charging the card on last day.

Winryito

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2015
I’ve been charged 2.2k CAD on Sunday and I have a instore pick up for max 512g gold at 8:00. No change beside order is processing, they better have my phone when I come in to their store on Friday!

ian-frs

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2007
ATL
Uh oh, the pending charge dropped off and I don’t see the phone in my app anymore.

bobsbbq

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2016
I have never done a launch pickup from the apple store. My pickup time is 10-10:30. Are there usually two separate lines for people who have appointments and those just buying on the spot? What time should I get there? I’m in a big suburb of Houston Tx, and I know there are already people in line. But I don’t want to get mixed up in that line.

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
I have never done a launch pickup from the apple store. My pickup time is 10-10:30. Are there usually two separate lines for people who have appointments and those just buying on the spot? What time should I get there? I’m in a big suburb of Houston Tx, and I know there are already people in line. But I don’t want to get mixed up in that line.
You can go whenever you want. If you go during your pickup time, they will prioritize you. If you go before or after your pick up time, you just have to wait in the non "priority" line.

There is usually someone outside the store, you can just ask them which line they want you to stand in.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

I ordered within 5 minutes of start time and selected In-store pickup and received my confirmation, but I have received no info on it other than that

You won’t get any info. In store pickups are done via the store stock. The system knows how many of each phone is being shipped to the location and just counts it off. They don’t send customers any delivery info because that would be a huge security risk. You get the tracking deets and you would know when to grab some buddies and go rob the place. Apple isnt going to risk that. Heck I’ve seen stores where there were armed guards covering the loading dock for 3-4 days before a launch in case someone is casing for the UPS/Fed Ex trucks to show up

Aftermath747

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
What time is your pickup window ? Did you get a charge on credit card ?
My order still saying "Order in Progress" and no charge on card at all.
I’ve had pending charges for days, but still says order in progress for a noon pickup.

The Tos

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
Buffalo, New York
I had the charge on hold on my account for a few days, it seems to have dropped off. My window for tomorrow is 830am-900am. Mine still says "order in progress".

smarks90

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
Akron, Ohio
I had the charge on hold on my account for a few days, it seems to have dropped off. My window for tomorrow is 830am-900am. Mine still says "order in progress".

same boat here. hold charge dropped off my card and "order in progress" still status for in store pickup time of 8-8:30 EST tomorrow. this is in line with what I saw last year for X pickup for same time slot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.