Apple in the year 2020 predictions ?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DBZmusicboy01, Aug 3, 2014.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

What do you think Apple might innovate at that time ?
    What's the next step they might take? iCar ?

2. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well, at the risk of sounding a discordant note, one might ask whether Apple will still be around in something resembling their current form in 2020.

For one thing, both the world of tech and the world of business are littered with the stiffened corpses of companies that failed to identify changes (even though they had innovated hugely perhaps a generation or so earlier), failed to adapt, or failed to anticipate, especially when their founder/visionary has died.

At the time of the millennium, who would have predicted that Nokia, the market leader in design and sheer utility, and ease of use in the world of mobile phones, would struggle to keep up with Apple a decade later?

So, partly because I am in a contrarian mood tonight, and partly because I like to ask the uncomfortable questions, what makes you think that Apple will still be here in 2020? Perhaps it, too, will be the victim of its own past successes, and may be the further victim of a hostile takeover….

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Who knows? In the world of tech, 2020 is a long time away. We have seen so many of the tech companies struggle in the last 10 years with some not recovering or still trying to recover. Blackberry, HP, Nokia are all prime examples. In this day and age, you never know what could happen to a company to try and survive or even stay on top. It only takes a short period of time now to lose focus and become a thing of the past.

I have no idea what they could be innovating, but they better stay focused. I would hope it is in the household area though.

5. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Not to mention Kodak. They were the name in film, but come the digital age they lost out big time. Yet had they seen the future, they were best placed to take advantage.
    Yes I know they are back from the brink, but they are a small potato compared to what they were in the camera world.

Not to mention Sinclair or Commodore from the computing world.

6. chabig macrumors 68040

The toothbrush industry is ripe for disruption. Those things have hardly changed in 100 years.

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

8. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

By 2020 or so, MacRumors' headlines will probably include...

• Siri rumored to have passed the Turing test
    • The next iPhone may include mind reading technology and thought-to-text capabilities
    • White hat hacker group claims Apple's mind reading technology includes a CIA/NSA designed backdoor
    • Once again, Apple plans to replace its iconic glass cube at the 5th Ave. Apple Store in NYC
    • Remake of Pirates of Silicon Valley movie will feature animatronic robots playng the roles of Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Bill Gates
    • Macrumors user's home surveillance video of an Amazon delivery drone dropping off his new iMac in kiddie pool goes viral
    • Popular app for controlling "iDildo, The Amazing Flying Sex Toy" removed from Apple App Store following mishap in elevator

9. TomHardyy macrumors newbie

Apple smart phone market share will go down bit more that time because there are some new competitors arising. Apple have to go to different markets to compensate this decreasing share.
    I believe they will innovate ifurnitures and iAirconditioners

10. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

Google Glasses competitor called the iBall. With Facetime and Retina Display.
    Hopefully no sign of a damn smartwatch.