Apple, Inc. and its headquarters

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Kevster89, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Kevster89 macrumors regular

Kevster89

Besides having its main HQ in Cupertino, California, what are its other semi-headerquarters, if you will, in the USA and across the globe? Or, is Cupertino essentially where all the "Brains behind the Apple" are located?

Just curious... have always wondered about this.

:apple: Kevin :apple:

2. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

I would say the latter assumption is correct, or else all Apple products wouldn't say "Designed by Apple in California."

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

All of the executive and administration work occurs at the Cupertino campus. Besides that, there are over 1,000 employees working in Elk Grove, CA in addition to another location in Austin, TX.

4. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Apple has a lot of employees in Cork, Republic of Ireland and London, United Kingdom.

5. Axemantitan macrumors 6502

Isn't Apple building a second complex of buildings in Cupertino? I recall reading that they have outgrown their main HQ and are currently renting office space in Cupertino. They will move those employees into the annex HQ.

6. Kevster89 thread starter macrumors regular

Kevster89

Whoa, why does Apple own the domain in your signature? That's crazy!!

7. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Well, they do have the super-secret headquarters at the bottom of the ocean...

8. mac-er macrumors 65816

It isn't really an annex HQ. It is the new HQ. They will move out of their existing location at 1 Infinite Loop because Jobs wants everyone working on the same campus.

Though, I don't think the move is happening as quickly as originally intended.

9. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

couldn't they just be designed in Cali, then physically manufactured (along with CA) in various places?

10. teflon macrumors 6502a

teflon

All Apple products are manufactured in Shanghai, China. However, I wouldn't call a factory a headquarter.

11. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Yeah, usually somewhere near the serial/model numbers their products say "Designed by Apple in California, Made in China."

12. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

This is incorrect. There are no plans to abandon the current headquarters. The new campus is intended to allow Apple to consolidate employees located in some 30 other buildings scattered around Cupertino.

That said, Apple has made zero progress on the new campus since purchasing the 50 acres in 2006.

13. Axemantitan macrumors 6502

Here is the MR thread about the new campus.

Here is the Apple Insider article that is the source of the info.

14. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

The Cupertino campus is the Apple's main campus, and I believe the largest. However, the Austin, TX campus is large also. I believe it's actually the home of AppleCare.

15. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

that's interesting. i should have known it was somewhere in Asia since i saw that thread about the "iPhone girl", and she was Asian.

16. teflon macrumors 6502a

teflon

Well if you order a Mac online and track the shipping, it'll start at Shanghai, China. If you look at the back of your iPod, it says assembled in China. The older iPods says assembled in Taiwan. There was also that whole investigation about how Apple is treating their factory workers in China.

17. QueenZ macrumors 6502

QueenZ

But there are a lot of apple stores in the world :D:D I think there is Apple Store in every country ;)

18. pdjudd macrumors 601

Hardly. Apple is just working on their first one in France.

This listing only lists the US, UK, Japan, Canada, Italy, Australia, China, and Germany. Lots more countries to work on,