Apple Inc. Or Resellers Inc.?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by faizan0123, Nov 22, 2007.

1. faizan0123 macrumors newbie

I'm ready to buy a Macbook pro(2.2ghz, 120gb, 128mb et al). what i am seriously wondering about is whether to buy directly from the online apple store with student discount (which, with taxes comes to much more than the price that i get from a reseller like amazon.com after the USD 150 mail-in rebate) or a reseller. the only thing thats worrying me is getting the yellow screen problem in the older macbook pro models that might ship from the resellers since they are in-stock, compared to the online apple stores products being brand new and the issue having been taken care of. any news on the yellow LED display issue having been taken care of in new apple products? please advise. thanks.

2. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

I'd call the apple store people, quote them the resellers price and see if they give you a deal. I would buy from amazon or apple, but not from a less reliable reseller. The advantage of buying from apple is that all the possible problems will obviously be their fault (or yours), but there won't be another party apple can blame. this is why if you must buy from a reseller, buy from amazon because they are reliable.

3. joegomolski macrumors 6502

joegomolski

Apple Inc. Or Resellers Inc.?

The bottom price is the way to judge whom to buy it from.

Cost of the MacBook Pro, plus sales tax, plus shipping.

If you buy from an Apple Store, you'll pay sales tax, not shipping.

Buy it online from the Apple Store, you'll pay sales tax, not shipping.

If you buy from an online vendor, like Amazon, you'll pay neither sales tax, or shipping.

Figure the price for each alternative. If the difference from high to low, isn't much, I'd buy from Apple.