Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
But the thing is I have two Apple IDs:
1) iTunes and Apps. (which are used on the other family iDevices)
2) iCloud. (which is my personal info and the findmyiphone)

Let's call them IDcloud and IDapps.

A) If I do the two-step for the IDapps, I'm not sure if I should authenticate the FindMyiPhone app with IDapps, normally I'd use IDcloud for that. Or am I just logging into the FindMyiPhone app with that ID, just as I would log in with a friend's ID if they lost their iPhone?
The Find my iPhone app has nothing to do with it. You just need to activate Find my iPhone under Settings/iCloud. And whatever account you use to login to iCloud is used to deliver the one-time code. But you can configure the other account to deliver the code to your phone by SMS.
B) So you if you are using different IDs like me, you can't set up two step authentication for your iCloud data (like calendar, contacts, mail, etc.)?
2-factor auth is currently not used for accessing calendar, contacts or mail. It is only used if you purchase something from a new device or if you manage your Apple ID at appleid.apple.com.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
I just set this up and I love it so much better. That 3 question set up was a joke! I would screen shot the answers and they would STILL come up wrong.

orthorim

Suspended
Feb 27, 2008
Anyone know how I can get my Thai phone number for the SMS authentication?

My iTunes account is US based as I used to live there, but now living in Thailand. And not changing the store, the US store is way better than the others...

The SMS country options I get are bizarre: Australia, Ireland, USA, New Zealand, UK. WTF?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.