Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

To go along with the new iPad Pro models that were introduced today, Apple debuted updated versions of both Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro. The updated Logic Pro 2 software is "smarter than ever," delivering new experiences for songwriting, beat-making, producing, and mixing.

apple-logic-pro-2.jpeg

Logic Pro has new AI-based studio assistant features that help artists make music. Session Players expand the Drummer capabilities in Logic Pro, with Apple adding a new Bass Player and Keyboard Player, plus a Stem Splitter to extract work with individual parts of a single audio recording.

Stem Splitter is designed to allow artists to separate mixed audio into distinct parts: Drums, Bass, Vocals, and Other instruments. Separating tracks makes it easier to apply effects, add new parts, and change the mix.
"Logic Pro gives creatives everything they need to write, produce, and mix a great song, and our latest features take that creativity to a whole new level," said Brent Chiu-Watson, Apple's senior director of Apps Worldwide Product Marketing. "Logic Pro's new AI-backed updates, combined with the unparalleled performance of iPad, Mac, and M-series Apple silicon, provide creative pros with the best music creation experience in the industry."
With a new ChromaGlow feature, users can dial in the perfect tone and choose from five different saturation styles to add ultrarealistic warmth, presence, and punch to tracks.

Logic Pro is available for the new iPad models and the Mac, and it is set to come out on May 13. The software is free for existing users, and $200 for new users.

Article Link: Apple Introduces Logic Pro 2 With New AI Features

roguedaemon

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2015
Strange that after all their efforts to never mention “AI” and always call it machine learning or some other derivative, it seems they’ve given in and are freely calling things “AI”
Maybe pressure from investors to get into the AI space.

Last edited:

dandeco

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2008
Brockton, MA
Hope the Mac versions of Logic Pro and Final Cut Pro get such updates. FCP for MacOS already has at least a few AI features (if they can call it that), like the "Scene Removal Mask" feature and the "Isolate Vocals" feature (the latter I've found particularly handy in making my YTPs).

jimbobb24

Suspended
Jun 6, 2005
Suno AI can make a song wit just the style and lyrics. I will be interested to see how Logic Compares. Suno is pretty impressive and if I could have that at home would consider getting Logic just for that.

coffeemilktea

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2022
Logic Pro is available for the new iPad models and the Mac, and it is set to come out on May 13. The software is free for existing users, and $200 for new users.
So for the Mac, I guess this is just an update to the existing Logic Pro software that I've already got installed? At least that's what I hope they're getting at. 🤞

Reactions: Starfia

MichaelDroste

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2017
Quad Cities
I hope they make the update for the Mac too…

My letter to Tim Cook:

Hello Tim,

In regards to the logic Pro update please don’t keep the rest of us excluded from the new features.

We are willing to pay for the new version of logic. Please don’t make it a subscription.

Please release the new features for those of us, me included that bought a Mac Pro in 2019

DFZD

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2012
Apple give us Game Porting Kit on iPadOS. It's going to be a real 'Game' changer.

rondo

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2007
I hope they make the update for the Mac too…

My letter to Tim Cook:

Hello Tim,

In regards to the logic Pro update please don’t keep the rest of us excluded from the new features.

We are willing to pay for the new version of logic. Please don’t make it a subscription.

Please release the new features for those of us, me included that bought a Mac Pro in 2019
Logic Pro 11 also announced with same features and a free upgrade for owners of version 10

Reactions: ninecows

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Still not clear here- "Logic Pro 2" is an App Update or is it a new App entirely? I've got a 2018 iPad Pro and use Logic on their from time to time. Just wondering if this means a new version is coming out, and the existing one won't see updates?

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
Logic Pro 2 was released in the 90s. Today, Apple announced Logic Pro for iPad 2 and Logic Pro 11.
It's odd to me this isn't Logic Pro 10.9, given other 10.x releases were arguably larger in scope and the UI still doesn't follow macOS's dark mode conventions or its own counterpart on iPad's UI.

Not taking anything away from what looks like a solid (and free) update, I just really expected version 11 to finally give us the Final Cut/system dark mode UI overhaul it's needed for some time now.

Sevendaymelee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2016
For all the hysteria over AI in art, people are going to be very upset when they discover that all along, it was less the music we loved, but the human expression and the sharing of it. Removed from that, only jingles etc. will flourish with AI. Everything else is going to be met with a resounding thud because it was never about chords progressions.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
For all the hysteria over AI in art, people are going to be very upset when they discover that all along, it was less the music we loved, but the human expression and the sharing of it. Removed from that, only jingles etc. will flourish with AI. Everything else is going to be met with a resounding thud because it was never about chords progressions.
People try so hard to replicate music and art that's popular NOW as opposed to creating something never dreamed of before. Art is objectionable, sure, but is always art.

MichaelDroste

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2017
Quad Cities
AI is the future of music… not just jingles for everything…. Imagine sliders to choose various aspects of the composition… future is bright indeed… Suno is amazing….

Reactions: crescentmoon

Starfia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2011
(Right – I think we want to correct this, don't we?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.