Apple intros Component AV Cable for new iPods...but not iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Speedracer04, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

wtf???? how nice of a feature is this, and now not supported for the "best ipod in the world"

2. 7racer macrumors regular

3. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

Dude didn't you get the memo? The iphone was only 'the best ipod in the world' from June 29th to September 4th.

4. Private Sector macrumors member

i like the idea of being able to send video out through composite, but isn't it kind of counter-intuitive when the resolution on the ipods/iphones isn't even close to the potential of the composite? why not just get the old a/v connectors that give you composite video and cost less? i'm assuming those are compatible with the new ipods, although i'm pretty sure they aren't compatible with iphone.

5. milo macrumors 604

Look at the apple store, the iPhone is supported.

It doesn't look like the old cable (from the headphone jack) is supported on any of the new ipods.

While the new cable is more expensive, it also includes a USB charger, which sells alone for $29. I'm not sure why they don't sell the cable without the charger.

6. iscripter macrumors member

iscripter

I have looked on the Apple site but it does not state what resolution the iPhone will support to output to the TV. Are we just to assume it will support the same resolution as the iPod Touch at 480i/576i. And why do the best iPods on earth only support 480i/576i and not the higher quality progressive scan 480p/576p??? Which the iPod Classic and iPod Nano can do!!!

That just doesn't make any sense at all. The high end top of the line products are supposed to have the most features and functionality.

7. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

The iPhone and the iPod Touch both use similar technology, so assume that they do similar things.