Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gav

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2007
Aha! Time to fire up the trusty motorised satellite dish. Chances are it'll be broadcast unencrypted, the majority of 'feeds' (unedited material) usually are, so live Macworld for Gav :cool:

newamiga

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2001
Video Feeds

I remember long ago watching the keynote on CNET TV or whatever they called it before they got bought out. Then you could watch the live stream after Apple bought an interest in Akamai who helped with the edge repeaters of the streams on the web, this was also part of Apple's original QuicktimeTV streaming of various channels, til it died. They also showed the streams in various Apple Retail stores for a couple years til they took out the theaters in most and just stopped doing that.

I really doubt Apple legal is going to let the World of Apple guys pull off a video feed, especially if they are trying to get money for add placement on an Apple event feed. I wish them luck, but I really doubt they will pull it off.

headfuzz

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2007
Brighton, UK
Aha! Time to fire up the trusty motorised satellite dish. Chances are it'll be broadcast unencrypted, the majority of 'feeds' (unedited material) usually are, so live Macworld for Gav :cool:

...and live Macworld streamed to embedded player on MacRumors, please Gav ;)

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
I think i might have just got to the bottom of the reason behind the invite:

Apple are to remove "restrictive pricing" on itunes, the BBC reports.

Apple have been in trouble with the EU over the price difference between the US and european itunes stores for some time. Maybe this means a price drop in the cost of songs/videos from european itunes stores??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7178651.stm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.