Apple iPad 1 like cover for iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by TheDoct0r, Mar 23, 2011.

1. TheDoct0r macrumors newbie

Am I the only one wishing something like this was available? Sure, it will be eventually, but when I got my first iPad I tried out all the cases and the standard Apple-made cover and found it was the best size, material, and craftsmanship.

All the cases that come out now, be they made of plastic or leather, just seem janky. The smart cover is nice and all, but I want something that protects thew hole device, not just the screen.

Anybody found anything that is like this, or any company coming out with a "coming soon" product similar?

2. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

3. TheDoct0r thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, may is definitely way too far away.

And is it bad that I am turned off every time I see stitches? my iPad 1 case doesn't have those, why does this? Lol, I never knew I was so picky.

4. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

5. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

Yeah I wish they had the original ipad case. I know some people don't like it but I'm not one of them. Plus, I liked the apple logo. I still don't see how that case can take until May to ship.

How do you like the griffin case miamialley? It seemed ok when I saw it at best buy. Definitely my fall back option if the Speck Pixelwrap is delayed until the release of the Apple iPad 4. lol.

6. TheDoct0r thread starter macrumors newbie

That griffen case doesn't look too bad. I don't want something that adds a lot of unnecessary bulk to the unit. All the ones I've seen seem to have bulk wraps to keep the ipad in place. The one nice thing about the apple case was how thing yet secure it was.

I might have to see if the local best buy has the griffen, try it out.

7. huskerchad macrumors regular

I've really liked the original iPad case and I'm waiting for someone to make a similar lightweight one for the iPad 2, hopefully with smart cover magnet functionality.

In the meantime I am looking for something cheap to get by with. Right now I have it stuffed into the iPad 1 case but it's such a poor fit that it's really comical.

8. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I think if you know you want the iPad2 in a case it's a great option. It's professional looking, not bulky and always provides protection.

The only thing is, I really like the feel of using the iPad in no case. So, I actually ordered Bodyguardz to put on the back and am considering a smart cover. I dunno. The iPad2 is just so sexy naked. :p

Pics if they help...

Attached Files:

9. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

Thanks! I'm going to wait on the slim folio and or pixelskin before I make a decision. Appreciate the pics!

10. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

The slim folio is available at most Best Buys.