Apple ipad 3 official dead pixel policy

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kralledr, May 26, 2012.

1. Kralledr macrumors member

Hello

i did use the search button but i cant find anything to my question ..

so my question is : how many dead pixel(s) can a ipad 3 have to be accepted by apple under warranty claim ?

i have 1 dead pixel in the middle and lightbleeding

thank you guys

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. Kralledr thread starter macrumors member

Thanks i know how to use google :D

but is there no official document by apple ?

because the genuie here says more than 3 but i read somewhere for retina apple is 1 pixel

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The answer to your question is in the first result of the Google search.

5. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

The truth is, it's often up to the whims of the genius bar staffer you talk to. Some will replace for one dead pixel (or light bleed alone) while some people have been told they need 3 dead pixels. Some people have been refused at one apple store but got a replacement at another.

6. praktical macrumors regular

praktical

Google

Great help here. Like someone once said Google would have helped him too. Hands down the eltimate search engine and yes " Google is my friend" lol:D

7. Rodster macrumors 68040

I don't know if I would return the device just for one dead pixel. I guess it depends where on the display it's at. I definitely would not ask for a replacement just for light bleed, especially if everything else works fine. I find light bleed unnoticeable in ambient lightning.

8. TheRazz macrumors newbie

If it bothers you, go ahead and take it in. I realized that my new iPad had a one dead pixel on it about 3 weeks after I purchased it. I took it to the apple store and they swapped it out on the spot.

9. Kralledr thread starter macrumors member

you guys are lucky you have a genius bar in your country ..

here in thailand we do not have a genius bar the ipad must be send to singapore and then wait 2 weeks ...

is not that easy here :(

call me fanboy or whatever but when i got the ipad 2 i need 6 exchanges and it was never better ..

i told/ask this allready but why the hell apple take back a ipad for lets say blackbleeding but send you 1 back who is worse ? are refubished units not better checked ?

sorry for the bad englisch !