Apple ipad 3 official dead pixel policy

Kralledr

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2012
Hello

i did use the search button but i cant find anything to my question ..

so my question is : how many dead pixel(s) can a ipad 3 have to be accepted by apple under warranty claim ?

i have 1 dead pixel in the middle and lightbleeding

thank you guys

Kralledr

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2012
Thanks i know how to use google :D

but is there no official document by apple ?

because the genuie here says more than 3 but i read somewhere for retina apple is 1 pixel

Comment

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
The truth is, it's often up to the whims of the genius bar staffer you talk to. Some will replace for one dead pixel (or light bleed alone) while some people have been told they need 3 dead pixels. Some people have been refused at one apple store but got a replacement at another.

Comment

praktical

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2012
Oklahoma City Oklahoma.
Google

The truth is, it's often up to the whims of the genius bar staffer you talk to. Some will replace for one dead pixel (or light bleed alone) while some people have been told they need 3 dead pixels. Some people have been refused at one apple store but got a replacement at another.
Great help here. Like someone once said Google would have helped him too. Hands down the eltimate search engine and yes " Google is my friend" lol:D

Comment

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
I don't know if I would return the device just for one dead pixel. I guess it depends where on the display it's at. I definitely would not ask for a replacement just for light bleed, especially if everything else works fine. I find light bleed unnoticeable in ambient lightning.

Comment

TheRazz

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
If it bothers you, go ahead and take it in. I realized that my new iPad had a one dead pixel on it about 3 weeks after I purchased it. I took it to the apple store and they swapped it out on the spot.

Comment

Kralledr

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2012
you guys are lucky you have a genius bar in your country ..

here in thailand we do not have a genius bar the ipad must be send to singapore and then wait 2 weeks ...

is not that easy here :(

call me fanboy or whatever but when i got the ipad 2 i need 6 exchanges and it was never better ..

i told/ask this allready but why the hell apple take back a ipad for lets say blackbleeding but send you 1 back who is worse ? are refubished units not better checked ?

sorry for the bad englisch !

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.