Apple iPad 3rd gen Screen Protector Review

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by taskmanager, Mar 21, 2012.

1. taskmanager macrumors regular

I have been using XO Skins for years and installed it on my iPad 3 a few days ago. I used the code byublue for $3 off the $24.95 price here ipad 3rd generation screen protector

-Shipping

Took 2 days using first class usps and it came packaged in a tube with a spray bottle, squeegee, instructions, and the ipad protector. I also got the micro fiber cloth for $2.95 for two to carry around and wipe the screen down.

-Installation

The install took only a minute. Read through the instructions before starting and you should do fine. I always wash my hands before but I don't dry them after. This will keep you from leaving finger prints on the sticky side. Make sure the ipad surface is clean and the peel the protector away from the backing and spray it down with the spray they send. Position it on the ipad and start to squeegee. Squeegee away from the home button so you don't fill your ipad with the spray. If it looks like its in the right spot, let it sit and dry. Inspect it now for and specs of dust under the skin, you will be able to feel them. If you find any, you can wet your finger, peel it back, pick off the dust, respray, and the squeegee it out. If you run out of spray, you can just top off the bottle with tap water.

-Dry time

You may notice some haze or bubbles that appear as it is drying out. If you see any leave them alone, they could take a day or two to dry out, but they will go away, don't force them out or it could stretch the skin. Mine took overnight to cure and clear up. Here is my pic.

[​IMG]

Also they have an install video on their product page that may help you out.
    http://youtu.be/dJfkwIIQ-sA

This is their Main video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoMRO4OiXw4 it shows how it stops a dremel, sander, and drill. It also shows off how the skin stops finger prints and smudges and fills in scratches. This does NOT have orange peel like other military protectors and has a lifetime warranty. I have only had to use my warranty once and their customer service was awesome.

2. bobright macrumors 601

It doesn't have orange peel but perhaps, green apple peel?:)

LOL kidding but it does look really green maybe jus drying up

3. applefreakdance macrumors newbie

looks clean without any bubbles:)
    just that the picture color is not so good, and makes other people think like orange peeling there??:confused::confused:

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Orange peel refers to texture, not color.

5. taskmanager thread starter macrumors regular

6. BAQSPACE macrumors newbie

Wow that looks nice I just picked me up one of these iPads yesterday and I am looking for something like this. How fast was their shipping? As i want it protected ASAP!! Also does it feel tacky to the touch like the invisable shield stuff I regretfully got for my phone:mad:?

7. taskmanager thread starter macrumors regular

Shipping only took two days. This is way smoother than others I have tried. And it hides fingerprints really well.

8. dukhuc macrumors newbie

Same question as your. I went to the mall and let the guy installed ZAGG's invisibleSHIELD on my old iPad and believe it or not, its last only less than two hours, my daughter ask me to take it off because it so sticky to the point you can't even swipe around the screen.They call it award-winning product...Yeah right.

9. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

It looks like it has orange peel texture. Can you confirm?