Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonedef407

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
Am I doing something wrong with the flap on the official Apple iPad case. I thought it slipped behind the iPad but then it won't close all the way.

hchavarria

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
Am I doing something wrong with the flap on the official Apple iPad case. I thought it slipped behind the iPad but then it won't close all the way.

I have been struggling with this all day. I was about to go back to the apple store just to see how to use this flap.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit

You have to tuck it in tight. The only instructions are on the clear plastic wrap that is on the cover when you take it out of its box.

foxnews1

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2010

I don't have one yet but was concerned about it for a while. I have been asking people to confirm this issue.

So you can not fold it flat in the back?

Kenal0

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
Mine fits behind the ipad and it closes fine. Make sure you have the ipad pushed all the way in the case.

Kenal0

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
4488566050_7dd5006214.jpg

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
This case worries me when in landscape mode standing up. Seems like it might fall forward.

SiskoKid

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Can some one confirm if it is warm or hot when it is in the case?

Mine has been in the case all day and it is at 2% battery as I type this so it has gotten a ton of use as I try out all the things the iPad can do. My MacBook would be cooking my thighs at the moment but the iPad is just barely warm. And I'm typing this response with the iPad too. And when I say barely warm I mean I would recommend it to you a thousand times over. I'll shoot my first born if an iPad died due to overheating cause of the case cause I don't see that happening. I don't even feel it I only felt it cause I checked it out cause of your question.

foxnews1

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2010
i dont have the case yet but I played around with it for an hour straight and it didnt get warm so I imagine it wouldnt get warm in the case.

I put it in the box and use it for 30 munites and it was warm. I was worried because heat can shorten battery life. it is cold while holding it though.

TypeZero3

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2010
Suggested...

so are you guys all saying that you suggest getting the Apple iPad case over other cases...is it that good? what about the toppling factor someone else mentioned?

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
I'm sure there will be better cases eventually, but of the ones immediately available today, the Apple one seems to be one of the best (the only?) of this style. It's nicer than I thought it would be, although I find that it's easier to hold it without a case when I'm lying around on the couch or whatever.

funkeruski

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
Thanks god for the interweb. I had mine flapping in then wind, and itnwould have stayed that way had I not seen this thread.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Doesn't fall flat on it's face. At least mine hasn't. The case seems to be made of a rubber material and the "pad" part that is holding it up seems rigid enough.

happyslayer

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2008
Glendale, AZ
Thanks guys... My flap was hanging loose until I read this post. That could have been so embarrassing if I'd went out in public like that :)

pedregosa

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2010
I had the same "flap anxiety" -- but it does, with a little bit of effort, tuck behind the device itself, and then it's pretty neat.

To those considering the Apple case, I would say the following...

When you see it without an iPad in it, it looks kinds of flimsy. So much so that I bought both it and the bulkier InCase equivalent. The latter is nice, and well made. But it is very bulky. The Apple one grew on me when I got home, and I went for it and returned the other. It is rather sturdier when it has an iPad inside it. And then its light weight becomes an asset.

So I'm pleased with the case. Those wanting more padding, etc., should look elsewhere. I should add, though, that I'm not much of a "case person" in general -- I don't use one with my iPhone. But I think that Apple's iPad case (and some third party equivalents) deliver functionality by propping the unit up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.