Apple iPad case rocks!!!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by kultschar, Apr 18, 2010.

1. kultschar macrumors 6502a

Got my ipad on Friday (seller kindly included case). Was expecting a real naff case judging by all the negativity however I think it is perfect (cant really get thinner) and dont understand all this sharp edge comments??

Anyhow just a heads up for people on the fence - I think it is great and looks great also!!!!

2. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I like the case also it's just like a dust magnet or something.

3. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

I have the case and the dock but some say you can't use the dock while the iPad is in the case and it is so custom fitted that taking out of the case is a pain in the butt. If this is true I may return the dock and just charge via the cord. Since I don't have my 3G yet I can't test this myself. Has anyone tried to mount the dock while the case is on?

4. czachorski macrumors 6502a

czachorski

The case is functionally awesome, but is a dust magnet, and really shows dirty spots - badly. It also does not work with the dock - embarrassing oversight by Apple. We bought a dock and returned it for that reason. Showed it to the AppleStore guys when we returned it (it was the day after launch), and they were quite surprised by this oversight themselves, at first not believing me, and wanting to fiddle with it to see for themselves.

5. iPhoneHome macrumors 6502

I actually prefer the Incase Convertible Book Jacket. I have them both but the Incase case offers more viewing angles and more protection. I put up a vid on YouTube going over both cases: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h4-XcgqJ1Y

6. jqc macrumors regular

Ive tried both cases and stuck with the apple case. The incase is much heavier, and the ipad starts to slide out while in propped up in portrait mode, which was veer annoying because the headphone jack would no longer line up with the cut out. The concept of multiple grooves for multiple viewing angles was nice but after a day the case flexed enough that it wouldn't stick in the grooves. Apple case had none of these issues so i went with it.

7. Detlev_73 macrumors 6502

Detlev_73

Apple iPad case

I looked at the Apple iPad case at Best Buy last weekend, and only a couple of minutes had me hooked. Both viewing angles were great, and the design simplicity is gorgeous. I was considering other cases, but scratching the screen was a big concern. I'm waiting out on the 3G iPad, but like all my previous devices I've gotten accessories before the device itself.

The only other cases I've considered are the following:

• The Quirky Cloak, which I like because of its stand features, but concerned about the durability of the hinges.
    and
    • The Belkin Grip Vue, which although offering a minute screen recess, really does not protect the screen if the iPad is placed in bag.

I haven't been able to get the Apple iPad case anywhere as it's sold out, but it looks like the number one contender.

8. laokai macrumors member

I like the Apple case, too. It's very functional, but, as others note, it does get scuffed up pretty easily. I'm going to stick with mine over the next year and keep an eye on what other cases are introduced in that time period. Someone is going to come up with some great ideas for a case, but I'm not sure there is anything much better than the Apple case right now.

9. GregGebhardt macrumors 6502

These are well and good for those who travel with their iPad but if you are just looking for a silicone skin to cover the back and make your iPad easy to hold onto, try the InCase skin. It is the best of 4 skins I have tied. It will protect your iPad while sitting it down and make holding it a much safe think!

10. FlashHead macrumors regular

I got the Apple Case and the Eco Vue from Marware.

I'm going to return the Apple Case. I personally can't stand the material. The Eco Vue is a very comfortable leather with a hand strap on the inside cover so when you flip it behind you can stick your hand through the strap and avoid any stress on your fingers while holding it.

It is also easy to take the iPad in and out of. I prefer to use the case for transport and for use as a picture frame and a typing platform, and use the iPad naked. So, the fact that Eco Vue is a little thicker than the Apple Case is really a non issue. It actually makes it feel a little more protected and solid when I need it to be.

11. LordEntropy macrumors regular

I bought the Apple case at the same time as I bought the iPad. Whilst I agree with the negative comments on the case I do feel the benefits as a Quasi stand do outway the negatives and certainly makes typing easier if it is at an angle

12. FlashHead macrumors regular

The functionality is definitely a plus. That is why I pre-ordered one on March 12th. I guess the point is, is that there are a ton of cases out there now, including the Marware I mentioned above, that give all the same functionality, and sometimes more with none of the negatives of the iPad. I really think shopping around and comparing, people will be able to find cases that will suit them. The iPad Case showed the way, but I think there are better out there now. The iPad accessory page is a great resource for this.

13. PaperQueen macrumors 6502

PaperQueen

Happy to hear the good news about the Eco Vue; I have one of those, plus a CIMO flap case on order. Couldn't find anything other than the Belkins, etc. around here, none of which I cared for.

One of the managers at the Apple store showed me his Apple cover. Looked nice, but hearing that it's a dust/fingerprint magnet has me feeling better about the alternates headed my way.

14. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

i love the apple case! its perfect. mine isn't sharp edged either, not sure what the complaints were all about in that regard.

15. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

I bought both the dock and case with my iPad. I ended up returning the dock, they don't work together. I prefer the functionality of the case way more than what the dock offers.

If you're willing to cut a piece of material out of a $40 case though, you can make them work together.

16. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

yup....

Also went Incase over Apple for similar reasons. It's cool having multiple viewing angles, as in very cool. There's better protection too. That band is just a nifty trick of added security the device will not be facing any unexpected surprises in your bag.

It can shift some and lose alignment on the ports. If they had perhaps used a flap it would be absolutely perfect.

Some folks say they consider it bulky but personally it isn't. No more than a daily planner (paper version) would be and it wasn't long ago people used those exclusively.

That "bulk" is protection that is going to come in handy over time. It feels great in the hand and you don't worry about losing the grip. It could be a bit less and Best Buy was said to have it for $50 but never confirmed that.

It cleans very easy and doesn't attract dust like the Apple matte finish either. It will age far better as a result.
    :cool:

17. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

The Apple case is horrible. I bought it on launch day, and returned it in under a week. It offers little protection for the screen as the front cannot latch or stay shut and it is a dust magnet. It is also difficult to get the iPad in and out of the case. My last problem with it is that is extremely difficult to clean the screen completely while the iPad is in the case. Dust and such accumulates around the edges. I prefer to use the incase sleeve. It has cushioning protection and allows me to use my iPad naked.

18. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

The incase is THICK though. Not even just a little, but VERY THICK. Is there a 3rd choice? One that could slip into my Scottevest?

19. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I have the apple case as well, and I have found it to be alright. It gets dirty quickly, but a quick wipe with a damp towel or something similar gets it looking good again. I have also found that it can be propped up in a multitude of angles other than nearly straight up and nearly flat by swinging the flap behind the iPad with the hinged portion standing up and propping it up that way. The biggest thing that I like about the iPad case is the thinness of it. I hate bulky cases for things, and this one is definitely not that. The only other complaint that I eould have about the case is that it is rather difficult to get the iPad out of it. Other than that, it seems like it should be a good case for some time to come.

20. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    come on, there is dust everywhere, WGAS! What are you a Maid:eek:

21. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

dunno, our house has 4 cats, a golden retriever,2 black labs, and a Chocolate lab, I don't have a problem, go clean your house!:rolleyes:

22. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

The case is perfect!

23. Maaz macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I returned my incase sleeve and bought the apple case. It is really amazing and it just looks really nice. It is so thin and sleek, really does justice to the ipad itself. Best case IMO. Two of my friends also bought this case.

24. BossHogg macrumors member

BossHogg

25. BobRichards macrumors regular

I'm wanting a case extremely bad, so I'm deff picking up the Apple one this week/