Apple ipad case sold out?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by docal97, May 11, 2010.

1. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

All apple stores in the Philadelphia and nj areas are sold out of the apple case. Apple.com are quoting 3-4 wks.

Are others finding lack of availability arould the country or is it just in my local stores?

2. docal97 thread starter macrumors 6502a

docal97

wow, that's crazy. None in huge pa stores and massive amounts in nyc. I expected that they'd have alot, but hundreds?

3. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

I started working for apple two weeks ago, and we here in illinois are experiencing the same frustrating shortages. I have been dying to get my hands on the case myself, and will not be seeing one anytime soon. I was quiite amazed when I checked apples site a couple days ago.

I wonder if they really underestimated the demand for the case or if they had problems with the manufacturing partner.

4. docal97 thread starter macrumors 6502a

docal97

good point zz. But if Apple was prepared to deliver one million ipads within one month of launch, how could they have so badly underestimated the demand for their case, especially with the international launch looming in 2 plus weeks? Does this mean that international customers will not have any Apple cases available at launch?

5. ThoseBackPages macrumors regular

the case rocks hard, absolutely love it.

it did take me a few weeks to pick one up at the apple store though

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Probably b/c they want to keep their accessory partners happy and also the Apple case really isn't all that nice for the money & they assumed more people would have sense to look elsewhere. The Marware Eco-Vue, for example, is higher quality for the same price.

7. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Where can you get the Marware for $45?

Edit: I see it's even less on Amazon.

8. gigaguy macrumors 65816

That Marware looks much thicker. A thick case on the wonderfully thin iPad is a waste IMO. might as well get a laptop or netbook. I don't want a case at all but if I have to use one the Apple one is pretty good and super slim.
    Apple's is very minimal, adds little bulk. I like that. just a simple sturdy, grippy full cover. done.
    I don't think it's lower quality either. I think this is part of the reason they are sold out.

9. docal97 thread starter macrumors 6502a

docal97

You know the funny thing is that I could have bought 50 of them the opening night of the 3g launch but I bought the incase sleeve instead which adds alot of weight to the ipad.

10. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Too bad no one commented back on the validity of their claim... For the lack of response to his post, not sure if I would believe it....

11. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

The little tech shop in my school's bookstore loaded up on accessories Monday. They had like 50 cases and 40 camera kits. I bought a few at a time over the past couple days and resold on Amazon. I bought about half the cases and almost all the camera kits. When the dust settles I will profit $1,200. :eek: Any guilt I felt about contributing to the lack of in-store availability will be long gone when this officially pays off my iPad and then some. :cool: