Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evawati

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2010
I am in Sydney thinking of giving him an Ipad as a surprised present when he's recovered as well for his younger brother. The Preordered Ipad is to be delivered on 28th May 2010. So I ordered by phone on 10th May, received by operator named Julian. By using 2 emails I ordered 2 units of 64GB n 1 unit of 32GB 3G iPad. He gave me 3 order no and I could pay directly to the bank. On the same day I went to National Australia Bank to direct deposit to Apple Store which has a CitiBank account. The Bank said the next day which is on 11th May Apple should received my money by then.

The next day on 11th. I checked my order status through Apple website n phone. I found out that my order no is only 1 unit 64GB instead of 2 units n not yet received the money. On 12th, I called n received by Christina. She helped me to correct the mistaken order n found out that one of the order number that given to me was false. It belongs to someone in Japan. On the 15th Friday (5 days after they called "pre-order") they've just received the money and gave some bad news "Your shipment is on 7th June n we can't do anything. Accept it or You'll get a refund". Even when I told my story, the operator could not help anything. I'll have to go back for goods to Jakarta on 2nd June. My dream 've just shattered to give it to my son at the time he'll discharge from the hospital.
I have to redirect the shipment to my friend's address in Melbourne and asked her to ship to me as she'll receive the thing.

"Please allow 1 business day for the processing of your Direct Deposit". Your statement in Sales Policy means nothing. You should have change it. so other buyer aware of your "online sales treatment". If you can't deliver the thing promptly then don't sell it online. or may be you can put this way " Once we receive your money. allow us to deliver it as long as we can"
(Please don't lie, as it is recorded, it takes 3-5 days to match the order against the payment. That's the reason the operator send the thing on the 2nd batch. Don't forget to change the preordered ipad date .,SnUnCnKnEnR..SSSS. It is still 28 May2010 on the website. It's A BIG LIE. People think Apple will deliver the thing on 28 May instead of 7 0r even 9 June. Sue Apple for Class Action.

GamecockMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2005
Columbia, SC
crybaby8.jpg

RobBookPro

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
Was this meant to be a reply to another thread? it looks like you are half way through a conversation when you start.

I have no idea what SnUnCnKnEnR..SSSS is but the web site has listed June 7 as the delivery date for a week now.

If you wanted a guarantee, you should have ordered online and paid with a credit card. If your english on the phone was as bad as it is here, no wonder the operator made errors placing the order.

masa.

macrumors member
May 13, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I got my iPad pre-order (made on 11/May) cancelled by Apple. Initially, they told me that even if they reinstated my cancelled order I won't get my iPad until after 7/June. However, after I posted my case in this Forum, many people encourage me to call Apple Online Store to fix this problem. After many calls, Apple Online Store reinstated my order and called me to inform me that my iPad will be delivered by 28/May.

If you believe that Apple Online Store made a mistake, it's worth keep calling them until the mistake is rectified.

Good luck.

Streethawk

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2010
Manchester, UK
Hmmm, its hard to have sympathy, when you cant understand what the poster is actually talking about.

Ultimately, pre-order didnt work so queue up at the store on release day like everyone else who wants one but didnt pre-order.

awmazz

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2007
If you believe that Apple Online Store made a mistake, it's worth keep calling them until the mistake is rectified.

Sounds like her order was made over the phone and confirmed via two emails and the money transfer done at the bank instead of online as well. Too many disconnected humans in the process I reckon if you're really counting on it to go like clockwork.

All is not lost though, Streethawk has it nailed. Just get one as soon as the nearest store's doors open on the 28th:

Ultimately, pre-order didnt work so queue up at the store on release day like everyone else who wants one but didnt pre-order.

Hope your son enjoys it. :D

Batt

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2007
Syracuse, NY
She posted this exact same thing at AppleInsider this morning. Not enough sympathy here, apparently. None there yet, either.

awmazz

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2007
I knew they speak "funny" English in Australia, but damn.....

The OP's post says they're returning to Jakarta. So I assume Indonesian and their son is in hospital in Australia for treatment. If so, bad form to mock someone's English when it's not their first language.

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
The OP's post says they're returning to Jakarta. So I assume Indonesian and their son is in hospital in Australia for treatment. If so, bad form to mock someone's English when it's not their first language.

Doesn't excuse "SnUnCnKnEnR..SSSS".

awmazz

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2007
Doesn't excuse "SnUnCnKnEnR..SSSS".

It's SnUnCnKnS..SSS - SUCKS, without the ER.

I can understand being very pissed off about doing everything as instructed and handing over the money only to be told it was all for nought.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.