Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryanappleateorange

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2023
I have the Apple iPad Pro 11” (4th generation). I want to use this iPad to get trade in value with the new MacBook I’m going to get. Because the iPad is considered new, I can’t trade it in. Does anyone know when apple will update there trade in device list? Is it when the new iPads come out and then this one I have will be updated to the trade in list? I just want to get trade in value towards my new Mac but if I have to wait several months then I guess I just sell my iPad privately.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
If by 4th-generation you mean 6th-generation, then it probably won’t be until early next year when Apple is expected to release the next version of the iPad Pro. You can’t trade-in the latest device, and it’s not even worth it.

Reactions: Ryanappleateorange

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
If by 4th-generation you mean 6th-generation, then it probably won’t be until early next year when Apple is expected to release the next version of the iPad Pro. You can’t trade-in the latest device, and it’s not even worth it.

The most current 11 Pro is 4th generation. The 12.9 is 6th gen.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I have the Apple iPad Pro 11” (4th generation). I want to use this iPad to get trade in value with the new MacBook I’m going to get. Because the iPad is considered new, I can’t trade it in. Does anyone know when apple will update there trade in device list? Is it when the new iPads come out and then this one I have will be updated to the trade in list? I just want to get trade in value towards my new Mac but if I have to wait several months then I guess I just sell my iPad privately.

Sell it. I use jaybrokers.com, sold dozens of things over the years, zero issues. Return on investment though is 40-50 percent, depending on the item. Sometinmes 60 percent, if the item is in demand. Apple stuff is very popular. Any way though. you will lose money. You could get more, like on eBay, but there's always the chance you can get ripped off, unlike a legit business.

Ryanappleateorange

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2023
In settings-> general -> about. It says my model name is iPad Pro 11” (4th generation). So that’s where I got that from but thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.