Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r3m1

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2012
Earth
Sold my iPad Air. It had the worst screen of all the iPads I've had. It feels cheap almost like plastic. It makes cheap, hollow, tappy sounds when you use it too. Very annoying.

You are right, that was for me the reason to switch to a mini - at least it still has some of the quality feel to it. No flexing or hollow sounds.

The Leafs Fan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2013
Canada
I've seen so many complaints I've decided that the lack of ram problem on the iPad is probably real. It may not be but I don't want to take that chance with $800 of my dollars.

Having owned the iPad 4 for over a year, in my experience, RAM hasn't been an issue.

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
Channel inventory is something that every company needs to have and constantly re adjust.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjo...previous-iphones-and-ipads-channel-inventory/

Regarding ipad sales, Like TC mentioned they were towards the higher end of their expectations which were obviously better thought out than a lot of the analysts. I see the report that 2/3 of the AIR's customers are new to be a positive sign and an indication that the iPAD as a device is doing well. There is really no reason to upgrade your ipad every year or two. Even with the iPAD air. The reason may be more compelling with the iPad air 2 if apple does add capability (touch id, faster processor, increased RAM, more storage etc ) and if IOS8 runs even better on a faster 64 bit device than the old ipads. My wife only upgrade her ipad to the air because we switched carriers and got a pretty good deal..

We also have no idea of what the replacement cycle is for android tablets for any sort of a comparison. Apple needs to constantly look at the "role" the iPAD is playing in people's life in a post PHC environment...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.