Apple Iphone 5 Screen Protector Pre Order 80% off at XO Skins

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by taskmanager, Jul 27, 2011.

1. taskmanager macrumors regular

I just pre-ordered the Apple Iphone 5 Screen Protector from XO Skins for 80% off. $3 for a lifetime warranty screen protector with a install kit. They must be pushing for some new apple fans cus I haven't ever seen them sell anything this cheap. I have been using theirs skins for a few years and they are perfect. No orange peel and a lifetime warranty.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

But how does XO skins know what the screen will look like? It hasn't even been announced.

3. taskmanager thread starter macrumors regular

The page says
    ** Pre Order Only Product will ship the day of the Iphone 5 release date **

So I guess they either get the design early or have it done the same day it releases. Being that providers are kept in the dark with everything about the phone, I would be surprised if they already had the design

4. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

yeah most of the time, they just get screen protectors and make custom fit holes on them. package them up and you got iPhone 5 accessories.

Supply them early and you can sell them for more since its for the "new" apple device, rather than waiting for that cheaper ebay versions.

5. Vick84 macrumors regular

Vick84

6. roundstik macrumors newbie

Thanks just ordered 3. My company uses sprint and they said they will have the iphone 5.

7. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I remember speaking to one of the Zagg representatives when the IPhone 4 came out. He said third party case makers get the specs from Apple as soon as the phone is announced. So I guess they go into production straight away to get their products first to market!

8. hikyknim macrumors newbie

I don't know why people need to buy screen protector when they don't even have phones yet. it is just the cellphone accessory company that just want to make money first.

9. ryanaaaah macrumors newbie

iphone 5 not even been announced
    not need to pre order, from my experience, once the phone announced, you will see bunch of screen protector on ebay, and will very cheap