Apple iPhone 5 Will Be Coming On June 6th?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by reccalee, Mar 29, 2011.

1. reccalee macrumors newbie

This is the statement from Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of worldwide product marketing says, “At this year’s conference we are going to unveil the future of iOS and Mac OS,” he also added, “If you are an iOS or Mac OS X software developer, this is the event that you do not want to miss.” We are hoping this does comes true.

So, do you think Apple will announce the iPhone 5 in WWDC? :)

[SOURCE]

2. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

By that quote it sounds software-only.

Looks perhaps like a longer wait for the next gen iPhone.

Mike

3. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

i'm hedging my bets on those in the know, and those in the know say that Apple will be resetting their iPhone release periods to sync with iPod, or simply skip this year altogether. the release of the VzW iPhone as well as their insistence that the white iPhone is still forthcoming kinda supports that belief.

common sense says you dont introduce a new product and then kill it within 4 months.

unless of course you're motorola and your product is called the xoom.

4. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Yea, that's logical.

A white iPhone 4 should be here in April according to the rumours, if it indeed shows up, then it's pretty much confirmed that Apple will skip WWDC for the iPhone 5.

5. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

6. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

7. iPad 2, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011

iPad 2 macrumors regular

Sticking to that cycle makes a ton of sense. They need to produce the A5 chip for all three devices. Launching each device exactly three months apart is ideal.

Basically.

January to March - Start producing components for new iPad so that there is enough supply to meet the sky high demand for iPad at launch.
    March to end of June - Start producing components for new iPhone so that there is enough supply to meet the sky high demand for iPhones at launch.
    July to September - Start producting components for new iPod so that there is enough supply to meet the sky high demand for iPods at launch.
    September to December - Product each of these devices in larger quantities and restock the supply chains so that Apple meets the demand for the product at Christmas.

So basically, some iOS product is on the news constantly year round being talked about and reviewed on tech forums.

That cycle works very well for them, and is something they follow around the world. I don't see why they would screw it on account of one carrier in one country (Verizon).

If they skip an iPhone for an year, the old iPhone starts to feel ancient very quickly. The iPhone 4 is already starting to feel a bit outdated in the sea of smartphones with dual core cpus and gpus.

I'm due for an upgrade this summer, but I won't be upgrading to an year old device when everyone else is offering brand new dual core cpus/gpus. Screw that. If apple skips out on an iPhone this summer, I'm going android or maybe even Palm or Windows Mobile 7, depending on whoever has the most compelling hardware out this summer.

8. kicko macrumors 65816

trust me if you like your iphone now, you will regret changing to another device. Just because a device has more doesnt mean it actually performs better or is of better quality. Even if it was a more powerful device they all suffer the same problem...battery life. My friends bought a thunderbolt and while its a good phone he struggles to get through the day without a charge.

I think these days the "latest & greatest" doesnt always translate into the best suited for daily use.

9. iPad 2 macrumors regular

I'm not wasting my upgrade on an year old tech that is already outdated. iOS has gotten a bit stale anyways.

If apple doesn't deliver the goods by August/Sept at the very latest, I feel compelled to jump ship to someone who does. I'm not the only one that will do likewise either.

But actually, I think a Sept release seems likely. It sounds like Apple wants to release all of their iOS devices (the iPad, iPod and iPhone) at the same time, a month or two before christmas, and a month or two after their new iOS release.

That way, they can make everything uniform.

A new iOS is shown every summer. Then a few months later, once developers are used to use, and all the bugs are fixed, a round of iOS devices built around the new OS debut, and people buy them up like crazy for the next several weeks to give as Christmas gifts.

Devs don't have to built their apps to work on a dozen different versions of the iOS if apple does that.