Apple iPhone 5S: Push Gmail; Connected WiFi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kamalds, Apr 15, 2014.

1. kamalds macrumors regular

I used to own an iPhone 5 but later moved to Galaxy S4 which I still love and use everyday as former lacked Push gmail and connected WiFi.

Does the new iPhone (5S) offers connected WiFi and push gmail? I would also like the ability to attach any attachment.

My life revolves around my 8 Gmail accounts and aforementioned features are important to me.

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I think you're going to have to explain what "Connected WiFi" is. It's not described anywhere on The Galaxy S4 specs, or at least not by that name. There's certainly WiFi on the iPhone 5s, and there has been since the original iPhone, but clearly there's something different you're asking for here.

As for push Gmail: You can get this feature via the dedicated Gmail iOS App.

3. kamalds thread starter macrumors regular

Connected WiFi = WiFi remains connected even when you put your device in standby mode.

Sorry for not being clear.

Is it as good as the Android's gmail app? Also can you send any type of attachment (other than pictures) through it?

Thanks for the reply.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

My 5S seems to stay connected when in standby, but I could be wrong about this.

No idea personally, as I've not tried either the Android or iOS Gmail app. I imagine though that the lack of direct filesystem access on iOS would inherently limit what you can attach.

It sounds like you have two compelling reasons to stick with Android for your use case. So, why switch?

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

WiFi does turn off when the phone sleeps.

The iOS gmail app is pretty good, but it doesn't allow you to attach anything besides pictures.

6. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Wifi is always and has always been connected.