Apple iPhone 7 Plus to come with dual cameras and five colour options?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sunnylol, Aug 24, 2016.

1. sunnylol macrumors newbie

Apple is expected to announce the successors to the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus sometime in the second week of September 2016. Much has been debated about the number of iPhone 7 models that would be announced this year, and the design of the iPhone 7 has been leaked multiple times. However, nobody was sure as to whether there will be an iPhone 7 Plus this year or the iPhone 7 Pro. Generally, accessory and case makers receive designs of iPhones weeks before their actual announcement. Now, case maker VRS Design has published images of its new cases for the Apple iPhone 7 Plus.

Apple iPhone 7 Plus: Images
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

According to the case maker's website, the Apple iPhone 7 Plus will be released in five colours–Steel Silver, Satin Silver, Champagne Gold, Rose Gold, and Deep Blue–and with two rear-facing cameras. As you can notice through these see-through Crystal Bumper cases from VRS Design, the design of the iPhone 7 Plus seems to be unchanged when compared to the iPhone 6s Plus. The cellular and network antennae seems to have been placed nearer to the top and bottom edges of the device.

Moreover, the iPhone 7 Plus seems to have two cameras at the back and a dual-tone LED flash. There doesn't seem to be a 3.5mm headphone jack, but the placement of the Lightning port seems to be at the same place as it has always been. Apple seems to have moved to the Lightning port for wired headphones as opposed to the USB Type-C port. This has become a huge debate in the technology industry. Samsung has used a USB Type-C port on the Galaxy Note 7, but it also kept the 3.5mm headphone jack intact. On the contrary, firms like Motorola, Lenovo, and LeEco have completely moved on to USB Type-C ports for wired headphones.

Whether or not those are dual stereo speakers in the iPhone 7 Plus leaked images remain to be seen. On the whole, there seems to dual camera sensors on the iPhone 7 Plus (or what was previously being mentioned as the iPhone 7 Pro and iPhone 7 Air). Along with Huawei, LG, and Xiaomi, Apple seems to have embraced the dual rear-facing camera strategy for further improvement in image quality. Are you excited about the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus? I would definitely pick up the Deep Blue variant of the device when it launches later this year. Which colour would you pick?

[Source: MySmartPrice]

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

3. Dave245 macrumors 601

They are just place holders because they don't know what colours the iPhone 7 will be coming in, Apple will not of told them so it's a guess. There is rumoured to be a new Space black colour but not blue. I also don't think there will be a smart connector as the image shows, it was rumoured early on, but was later thrown out.

4. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

5. Dave245 macrumors 601

That is the rumour, whether it will replace the current Space grey or be added alongside it, i'm not sure.

I've also noticed something interesting, Apple are currently holding their back to school promotion, if you buy a Mac or iPad Pro, you get a free pair of Beats, looking at it you actually get a free pair of WIRELESS Beats. Last year it was wired Beats only, this is a BIG indication to me that Apple will be removing the headphone jack.
    Also the promotion ends on the 5th of September, 2 days before the rumoured event on the 7th. It all seems to line up well now.

6. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Going to be interesting what they will include in the box with headphone jack home. Guessing adapter

7. Dave245 macrumors 601

I would guess an adapter, the small white earphones that we usually get in the box may have a lightning connector. I think Apple might be working on their own completely wireless earbuds/headphones, they own Beats and could easily do it. Maybe they will be announce alongside the iPhone 7 as a premium accessory, like when they offer new cases for new iPhones and iPad's.

8. Adoniram macrumors newbie

Adoniram

Dat air gap tho!

Look at the bottom edge of the case; you can see daylight between the case and the speakers... I would think their mock-ups would be tighter, especially for marketing purposes. Unless they're expecting the real device to have even larger bezels LOL. Just what everyone wanted!

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I don't know that we have ever seen a case manufacturer leak (legitimate) information about color, but I guess anything is always possible until Apple makes an official announcement.

10. ricktat macrumors 65816

Maybe this company is part of Tim Cook's side job. He may have a 100 Million$$ bonus this week, but you can never have too much money.

11. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

And a phone only Apple could love! :(

12. Dave245 macrumors 601

And the millions of people who will buy it :D

13. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Most of those buy because of specs and features and promptly drop their iPhones in to a case.

Where the phone resides until it's either time to sell it or pass it down.

14. Dave245, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016

Dave245 macrumors 601

Very true, as I'm one of those people :) i still regret not picking up the 6s at the time, but i will defiantly be getting the 7 or 7 Plus, it should be a big enough jump from my 6 Plus. I'm hoping we see the event invites soon, i've got a week off work in a couple of weeks and I'm really hoping that Apple will officially confirm the event for the 6-7th of September!

Edit: i believe the invites should be going out any day now! it is 3:40pm here in the UK, and with Cupertino being 8 hours behind, they could still go out sometime today :D or maybe tomorrow?

15. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

16. CrownVic macrumors regular

CrownVic

VERY though desision. If they do come out with Space Black AND deep blue, I think Id choose Space Black. If they keep the current space gray, I will get Deep Blue. If there are no new colors (PLEASE APPLE. PLEASE MAKE SPACE BLACK OR DEEP BLUE! OR BOTH!!) I will get the current space gray

17. DallasManic Suspended