Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RyCan3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
Looking forward to seeing everyone's experience ordering through Apple. Seems to be the quickest/easiest to do. I plan on waking up at 2:55am and knocking it out. Good luck everyone and enjoy!

Reactions: ridenourda03

RyCan3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
Really hoping the carriers announce some deals this week if you trade in your 7.

ridenourda03

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Flathead Valley, Montana
Its that time of the year again... New iPhones! Planning on upgrading my iPhone 7 Plus to the iPhone X through Apple.com. Might take some time getting used to not having a home button, but I'm stoked to give this new phone a shot. Noticed Zagg has Invisible Shields available on their website for pre order today. Got mine on pre order. I always use the OtterBox Commuter Series cases for my phones. Waiting for them to become available too. October 27th can't come quick enough. Hopefully no damn Typhoons this year delaying orders. My 7 Plus was part of that last year. #TeamTyphoon :p

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Really hoping the carriers announce some deals this week if you trade in your 7.

need a trade in deal for my iP6. i passed on the iP7 and at&t's trade in deals. hopefully there's something decent enough. i'll be going through apple - not sure if i'm going with the website or the app.

RyCan3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
need a trade in deal for my iP6. i passed on the iP7 and at&t's trade in deals. hopefully there's something decent enough. i'll be going through apple - not sure if i'm going with the website or the app.
The app is usually the easiest. Has any carrier announced a deal besides T-mobile?

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
haven't seen anyone. would think sometime before Friday. so today or tomorrow.

Moontouched

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2016
I am ordering mine through the apple store through the upgrade program like I did last year for my 7+. I decided to go with preordering an 8+ instead of an X. I am going to wait until next year for the improved version of the X before jumping in on the button-less design.

upnorth85

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2011
MN, USA
Will be fully ready to order my iPhone X on October 27th.
Last year I succesfully ordered 3 iPhone 7's with delivery on releasedate.
Did you order all 3 in one go, or did you have to one at a time order? I am planning to order 2 iPhone Xs.

cfurlin

Suspended
Jun 14, 2011
Dead easy. Set up the purchase with Verizon and even put a reminder on my calendar to pick it up on the 22nd.

I'm going to let the rest of you beta test the X for me.

I'll pick up the next rev once they have all the "kinks" worked out.

Bee1776

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2015
I don't do contracts anymore or be tied to a carrier. Personal choice. I just buy an unlocked iPhone online from Apple and put in a Straight Talk SIM. I get unlimited talk and text and 8 GB of data for $45. a month. Kit comes with three SIM cards - ATT, Verizon or T-Mobile. Works for me anyway.

VZ Dude

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2017
Denver, CO
For all those in the Denver area, I am starting a pre-order list for the iPhone X with Verizon. I will be placing orders for anybody on the pre-order list, as soon as midnight hits. If you don't want to wait in line, or wake up at 1AM, let me handle your order for you. I work in Small Business Development, so i can travel and meet at one of our locations to get the ball rolling. Excited to see if they will sell out in the first run like they usually do. Not on Verizon, np, get up to $650 for switching and we pay off your old phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.