Apple iPhone 8/x Pre-order Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RyCan3, Sep 12, 2017.

1. RyCan3 macrumors 6502a

RyCan3

Looking forward to seeing everyone's experience ordering through Apple. Seems to be the quickest/easiest to do. I plan on waking up at 2:55am and knocking it out. Good luck everyone and enjoy!

2. RyCan3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

RyCan3

Really hoping the carriers announce some deals this week if you trade in your 7.

3. Rivanov macrumors regular

Rivanov

Will be fully ready to order my iPhone X on October 27th.
    Last year I succesfully ordered 3 iPhone 7's with delivery on releasedate.

4. ridenourda03 macrumors member

ridenourda03

Its that time of the year again... New iPhones! Planning on upgrading my iPhone 7 Plus to the iPhone X through Apple.com. Might take some time getting used to not having a home button, but I'm stoked to give this new phone a shot. Noticed Zagg has Invisible Shields available on their website for pre order today. Got mine on pre order. I always use the OtterBox Commuter Series cases for my phones. Waiting for them to become available too. October 27th can't come quick enough. Hopefully no damn Typhoons this year delaying orders. My 7 Plus was part of that last year. #TeamTyphoon :p

5. PoppaKap macrumors regular

Whats the analysis on upgrade program vs. buying cash?

6. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

need a trade in deal for my iP6. i passed on the iP7 and at&t's trade in deals. hopefully there's something decent enough. i'll be going through apple - not sure if i'm going with the website or the app.

7. RyCan3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

RyCan3

The app is usually the easiest. Has any carrier announced a deal besides T-mobile?

8. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

haven't seen anyone. would think sometime before Friday. so today or tomorrow.

9. RyCan3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

RyCan3

t-mobile said $300 off any iphone with trade in.

10. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

yeah that's all. nothing from the other major 3.

11. Moontouched macrumors member

Moontouched

I am ordering mine through the apple store through the upgrade program like I did last year for my 7+. I decided to go with preordering an 8+ instead of an X. I am going to wait until next year for the improved version of the X before jumping in on the button-less design.

12. upnorth85 macrumors 6502a

upnorth85

Did you order all 3 in one go, or did you have to one at a time order? I am planning to order 2 iPhone Xs.

13. cfurlin macrumors 6502

cfurlin

Dead easy. Set up the purchase with Verizon and even put a reminder on my calendar to pick it up on the 22nd.

I'm going to let the rest of you beta test the X for me.

I'll pick up the next rev once they have all the "kinks" worked out.

14. Bee1776 macrumors newbie

Bee1776

I don't do contracts anymore or be tied to a carrier. Personal choice. I just buy an unlocked iPhone online from Apple and put in a Straight Talk SIM. I get unlimited talk and text and 8 GB of data for $45. a month. Kit comes with three SIM cards - ATT, Verizon or T-Mobile. Works for me anyway.

15. VZ Dude macrumors newbie

VZ Dude

For all those in the Denver area, I am starting a pre-order list for the iPhone X with Verizon. I will be placing orders for anybody on the pre-order list, as soon as midnight hits. If you don't want to wait in line, or wake up at 1AM, let me handle your order for you. I work in Small Business Development, so i can travel and meet at one of our locations to get the ball rolling. Excited to see if they will sell out in the first run like they usually do. Not on Verizon, np, get up to $650 for switching and we pay off your old phone.