Apple iPhone Bluetooth headset volume

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aross99, Oct 7, 2008.

1. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I have gone through a number of Apple Bluetooth Headsets, due to a problem where the call volume fades over time - to the point that it is almost inaudible.

Now before, you say i should switch to a Plantronics, Jawbone, or something else, I'm not willing to give up the Apple Bluetooth - I'm just looking for a solution. The small size of the headset, the combo charging cable/dock, and the integration with with iPhone display are all deal breakers for the other units.

I have tried all of the suggestions on the Apple message boards, and nothing seems to help. I have gone through two headsets on my original iPhone and I am getting ready to swap out the new one I got with my iPhone 3G.

What I think is interesting is that the signal beeps are also getting quieter, so I would think that rules out any type of issue with interaction with the iPhone. I also have the same issues when I pair the headset with my MBP.

When I send the headset in for a warranty exchange, I am always amazed at how much louder the new ones are. I end up turning the volume down almost half way, and eventually I have to turn it up a little bit at a time, until after a couple of months it is maxed.

I used the headset for about half an hour a day - almost exclusively in my car, and I always turn it off when I am done. I charge it about once a week, usually over night.

I have tried repairing the headset, turning it off and on, letting it fully run down and recharging, using it with other devices, etc, and nothing seems to work.

It is like something is "fading" inside the unit itself, but for the life of me, I don't know what that could be, except for the battery. I doubt that is the issue, because it lasts just as long as it did originally, and it has the same issue immediately after removing it from the charger.

Anyone else having these types of issues?

Both of my headsets were the ones that came with the charging dock, so I was wondering if they made any changes with the new ones. Maybe I will get a new one if I exchange this one at the store...

2. 737flyboy@gmail macrumors newbie

Yay...I'm not crazy!

I'm on my 5th earpiece! Looks like they have been discontinued. I share all of your sentiments about why I don't want a different earpiece.

John