Apple iPhone Bluetooth Headset vs. Any Other Headset

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Niiro13, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Is there a real difference?

The Apple iPhone Headset is $129.

I know that probably 70% of other Bluetooth headsets are like half the price.

So what makes the Apple iPhone Bluetooth Headset worth $129?

2. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

Well, on top of the headset, there's the dual dock /attached USB cable and the travel cable (same as USB cable but charges phone and headset.) I bought one used on eBay for $79. Definitely not worth $129. The only things I liked were the conveniences of the dual dock and travel cable, and style. The volume was never loud enough for me to hear even in quiet environments. I couldn't imagine anybody using it while driving.

3. wako macrumors 65816

4. Niiro13 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah, I didn't think that it was anything special.

It's one Apple product I will probably never buy (even lower than Apple TV).

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Motorola HS850 was my primary BT, until I picked one up brand new for $80 on CL. The Apple BT is limited in regards to range, it's difficult to press the button on the BT and takes some getting use to, no lanyard or a place to put it when not in use, it's very light and easy to misplace or drop, (I did find a lanyard that attached to the earpiece quite nicely), the cushions fall off and make for a tight fit in the ear, BT doesn't sit snuggly in the ear at times, a quick turn of the head and it will pop-out. Beyond all that, it's a pretty nice BT for $80, but not for $129 plus tax. No way to recharge BT while in the car, but that's normal for all BTs. Sound is not a problem, but it seems that I have it on the highest level in order to hear any conversations. IMHO :cool:

6. Niiro13 thread starter macrumors 68000

Okay, so volume is bad.

Hmm, to charge in car, can't you use the dual dock? Then connect that to a car power adapter.

So there's nothing the Apple Bluetooth has over other Bluetooth headsets? That sad considering the others are cheaper :/