Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Contacts App?

Did you guys notice that there was a specific application for Contacts? It is towards the end of the tour.

Exact same as the iPod Touch and what you can get from the Installer (Jailbroken).

greenmymac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
Tulsa, Ok
With the current iPhone, you can only talk and surf (or do anything data-centric) if you are on a wifi network. On EDGE, it's one or the other. (If you are on a web page and get a call, whatever you've already downloaded is still there to be viewed, but no new data will come in until the call ends.) I believe that on 3G, you can talk and do data at the same time.

I never even noticed that with edge I guess I have never been on edge and a phone call at the same time!

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
nice vid!!!!!!!!! I like the way you can get back to the top in every app now by tapping the bar but sometimes it's just as good if you can get to the bottom quickly!!!!!

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Some things I like:

- Much improved speaker and microphone - "dramatically improved audio"
- Tap the titlebar in contacts, emails and SMS to go to the top (only Safari does that now)
- Option to save all the images in the email without having to tap on each one (as shown by the "save 2 images" option)
- Version updater in the app store (I was speculating on this the other day)
- Love the app download progress bar

Also noticed the usage setting was now attached to the airplane and wifi section and is renamed "Fetch new data" with push as the current setting. There is also now a "Location services" on / off switch.

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
hehe...the host looks like he's conducting a symphony orchestra at the beginning. Move those hands just a little more!:D

bacaramac

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Anyone notice that we are up to 475mb of "Other"?? Wow, now we are talking about needing 32Gb model. This is a lot of code they have piled into this thing. Between Apps, Movies, Music, etc I am already tapped on my 16Gb model.

albeli

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2008
Here
I'm hanging out on these forums too much.

Evidence: last night I had a dream that the guided tour finally came out, and today, here it is. LOL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.