Apple iPhone in-store purchase 15 day return?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doxielover, Nov 3, 2014.

1. doxielover macrumors 6502a

doxielover

Today is the 14th day to return my unopened 6 plus I purchased in the Apple store. I ended up getting one as a gift so I want to return the one I bought.

I am feeling bad with a horrible cold. Would Apple take it back tomorrow on the 15th day? It is a 64gb t-mobile 6 plus no contract iphone that has not been opened. Don't know how strict they are about that.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I'd call the store and check. If they say yes, get a manager to make a physical note of it at the store so it's there when you go in tomorrow.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Just curious...

What will you do if several people post saying there's no problem, but when you go tomorrow the store refuses to take it?

My vote is stick to the written return policy. Far less likely to result in disappointment.

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

since you'll be past the return window, ymmv. but in my experience, they're more willing to accept returns past the return window if the phone is not tied to a contract. last year, i was able to return a 5s a week past the 30-day return window (regretted the small 16gb capacity), and this year i was able to return a 6 four days past the 14 (wanted the 6+).

5. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I asked them this exact question on a 5S I purchased and Apple told me, "yes, they would take it on the 15th. day". But you're crossing their boundaries, so know that they always have the right to refuse a return. I would have someone return it today. Better yet, call them, and speak to a manager to authorize the return tomorrow that way you have a name.

6. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Unopened, I'd think they would be willing to accept to a day after.

7. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I would concur. Had the phone been used, you would probably be out of luck. I would still call the store you plan to return the phone to and ask them.

8. doxielover thread starter macrumors 6502a

doxielover

It has not been opened and is not tied to a contract. My throat hurts really bad. :(. How do you get directly to a store when you call. Whenever I call the store for any reason it seems to be transferred to an apple call center rep.

9. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

I would be surprised if they don't take it back, especially being a Plus and unopened. Although supposedly whether it's opened or not, they have to open it and refurbish/recycle it either way. Since consumers could have opened it, take out parts, put it back, seal it again, since there's no Apple seal sticker on it. That's what a Apple phone rep told me anyways.

10. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I don't think they can extend the return date. All of Apple's products have 14-day return windows.

11. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

I've gotten extensions over Apple online purchases twice, one on my 5s, and another one recently on the 6+. Technically they're not suppose to, but Apple customer service is just awesome. :D

12. erure macrumors regular

The manager can override it and they're pretty lenient about it, especially for unopened items.