Apple iPhone Lightning Dock?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by puma1552, Jul 3, 2015.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

Anyone using this? Obviously there were all the concerns about there being no support for the phone, but I 'd also like to think Apple didn't get it wrong and that this thing won't hurt my phone or put undue stress on the connector.

I like that it looks like it can be used with cases, as I have a PowerSupport Air Jacket. Can anyone confirm it works with this case on an iPhone 6?

2. satinsilverem2 macrumors 6502a

satinsilverem2

I've been using it since it came out and love it. I was a little worried about all the weight of the phone being on the connector but I really don't think it's an issue and I slam it in there sometimes. As for your particular case figment i don't know if it would work but I swap cases all the time and have yet to have one that doesn't work with the dock.

3. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

so i did buy this dock, love it. thinner than expected but still nice and solid and hefty like all apple docks, and it works just fine with my powersupport air jacket, both on my iphone 6 and my ipod touch 6g.

also for those concerned about the back of the phone not being supported, its really no biggie, the phone is nearly vertical and it really doesnt feel like there is any stress on the connector.

would rather pay $30 than $40, but what are you gonna do

4. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Yeah I had all the worries that others had and it wasn't helped by the guy in the Apple Store when I asked about warranty on the phones if the Lightning connector was broken by the dock and he said I would have to prove that is was broken by the dock which was totally understandable. I still bought it and never looked back.

It looks good although I would prefer to have it made of aluminium even if it cost more. As for cases I have only tried it with Apple leather and silicone, Zoogue and Magpul and there was no problems at all.