Apple iPhone PR

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skiman, Oct 2, 2011.

1. skiman macrumors member

Guys...

You've gotta love Apples PR team... They are by far the best in the business.

"Oopss I lost my Prototype iPhone4 in a bar"

"Whoops I lost an iPhone 5 Prototype in a bar - AGAIN"

"Whoops, we left some code for a 4s in our iTunes Beta"

COME ON PEOPLE!!!!

Apple know fine rightly what they are doing... I would probably imagine they are the ones leaking half of the rumours you guys see and hear. Granted last year was a bit different with Gizmodo having the iPhone 4 before being announced but it all just builds up hype... No one knew whether it was real or fake... But the key is - IT GETS EVERYONE TALKING iPhone....

I honestly believe that Apple aren't that stupid to leave a bit of code in the new iTunes beta... They pride themselves on being able to keep secrets, there is no way they are gonna let something like that leave and go public without having a tonne of people checking it first.... Its all part of the game.... Build the hype, get people talking... build anticipation on a product that isn't even announced yet.
    Compare the buzz a new iPhone has with the buzz of a new HTC - Its a completely different world.

You guys are even going so far to try and work out what the "1" means on the press invitations - Apple have you all right where they want you. Everyone is talking about whats going to happen on Tuesday...

Apple - You are the best in the world at building up hype about an unreleased product.

I salute you!

2. mholtz2323 macrumors member

I agree, but do you think we will see a 5 or a 4S?

3. skiman thread starter macrumors member

You'll just have to wait until Tuesday to find out.

To be honest - Apple have never disappointed me. They know what they are doing. They know they are on top of their game and with increased competition of Android etc they know they have to stay ontop of things to remain at No.1.

Relax people. All will be revealed in a matter of days...

4. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

Obvious info is obvious!
    Apple is a hype machine.

5. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Apple put the 4S in the code on purpose, their is no reason to have a beta with iPhone 4S support when their is not iPhone 4S yet, Apple could have released an update after the iPhone 4S came out that would add support to the latest iTunes.

6. shandyman Suspended

This has happened before, nothing new. Apple make mistakes and leave references in beta software.

Plus there will be an update to iTunes released just before launch for the new iOS.

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

This thread only makes sense if you think Apple is incapable of making a mistake. (And thus, every "mistake" if really done on purpose.)

I don't think Apple is literally God, so I'm gonna have to pass on this theory.