Apple iPhone Upgrade Pre-Order Process

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Joshuakal, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Joshuakal macrumors newbie

I was wondering if someone who was on the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program could share their midnight pre-order experience. I was able to order an iPhone on the iPhone upgrade program as a new member, but was wondering what my pre-order process will be like next year when I upgrade the phone. Do you have to make an appointment? Is Apple's checkout process easy to do?

Thanks in advance!

2. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

It was a mess this year supposedly they'll have a whole new process next year

3. Glene macrumors 6502

I had no problems, got the email the following morning from when the ordering opened up, clicked on it, reserve my phone and picked it up in 20 minutes at the Fort Lauderdale store Friday morning. I have been on the upgrade program for about a year

4. Joshuakal thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm curious if you didn't order through the e-mail (which is nice to know), does the checkout process ask if you are an apple iPhone upgrade program member and then walk you through setting up an appointment?

5. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

To upgrade you needed to go in store to reserve and supposedly the stock that was being listed for iUP members for in store pickup was a different pool of stock than what was used for everyone else so as soon as I could login (wasn't about until 2:15 CST through both the website and app) there was already no 128 or 256 + models in a color other than Rose Gold available anywhere in the Houston area (about half a dozen stores) and even further out within 5 hours drive of here (probably a dozen total). However we ended up winning in the end as Apple opened up the reserve for pickup in store option for us much earlier than for everyone else so we were able to find stock and reserve it.

6. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

i reserved it as soon as the orders went live. waited in line as they were not going according to the reserved time. went in. the rep checked my phone. told me its new. asked the other rep to bring mine. he asked me my account details, SSN etc and i was out within 10 mins!

7. Joshuakal thread starter macrumors newbie

So they give you a time you are supposed to go in the store and pick it up? But they didn't honor your time slot, you had to wait in line with the people who didn't pre-order?

Did you have any issues with putting in your IMEI and Serial code during the midnight pre-orders?

8. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

No all the people standing in line had reservations. They were running behind the schedule. As many people showed up early where as their reservations were in the evening. Apple should have gone according to the time and not just show up anytime you want. And I had no problem entering the serial number and last four digits of IMEI.