Apple iPhone Upgrade Program questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patricem, Sep 28, 2017.

1. patricem macrumors 6502

patricem

I planned on paying for my X in full, but now I am thinking about the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program, so I can trade it in every year for a new phone. Parts of that sounds appealing to me. Is there a way to pre-register for this ahead of the launch? Should I pre-register for the 8+, place the order, then cancel? Don't really want to do that but wondering if thats the only way? I am just liking the thoughts of trading it in every year for the newer model, instead of holding on to the phone for 2-3 years like I usually do. I want to be all pre-registered before the 3am launch though, if I have to wait til then I'll never get the phone order through in time. Thoughts? Thanks

2. StoneCold X macrumors regular

I think the only way you can pre-register is if you are already in the program and eligible for upgrade. Even then, you are only able to pre-register a couple of days in advance. At least that's how it was with the 8/8+

3. hansenc macrumors 6502

hansenc

So what I ended up doing for my iPhone 8 Plus was pre-ordered at full price and scheduled for store pickup. When I picked it up I told Apple I wanted to switch to the AIUP and they processed it as a return and then re-sold it to me under AIUP. It was a simple process and the team in the Apple Store was very helpful.

4. az431 Suspended

az431

Why is it necessary to preregister? The Apple store website shows upgrade program as a purchase option for the X. Am I missing something?

5. Superrjamz54 macrumors 6502

Superrjamz54

You can actually order for a phone to be picked up for the upgrade program without paying for it full,price.

6. michael31986 macrumors 68040

Preregistration would help instead of waiting for approval when you preorder which will delay your shipment. But then again I think it may only take a minute or two to be approved if you have good credit. Just like when you apply for a credit card.

No one has really gone into detail on how it works and how long for new Apple upgrade users.

7. hansenc macrumors 6502

hansenc

this was a new AIUP on T-Moble. Everything I saw said I had to do it in store.

8. michael31986 macrumors 68040

T Mobile is in stores. Others you can apply online.