Apple iPhoto Books

NewGuyToMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
I apoloigize now if this is in the wrong forum, but wasnt sure where else to put it. I recently took a trip abroad and saw that iPhoto has the ability to create a picture book. I think that this would be a great way to showcase all my photos. Has anyone made one of these? How was the quality if you have? Currently, I dont have a Mac yet, I hope to get a MacBook once they are updated, is there any way to make one with a PC? I am pretty sure you cant, since you need iPhoto, which isnt avail on a PC, but I thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks for the help!

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I've made two. The quality is good, and they are literally drag and drop. You can't make iPhoto books on a Win PC, but there are other services out there than can make them. I haven't heard anything about any of them, so I can't make a recommendation.

soberbrain

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2008
I've had photos printed, soft and hard cover photo books made and was very happy about the quality, so were family and friends. I'm actually going to make a photo book of my grandmother's 80th birthday / family reunion.

As the previous poster said, there are other services that will do this. I have not tried them, but check out Kodak since iPhoto products are made by them.

Batt

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2007
Syracuse, NY
I've done two calendars and a book and I couldn't be happier with the results. Get a mac soon and don't get caught in the "wait" web.

acruzjr

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2008
Shutterfly photo books

If you can not wait until you get your Mac, most online photo sites can create a photobooks for you. I've ordered from shutterfly.com before and they are pretty neat. cheers!

NewGuyToMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Thank you all for your responses, I might look into one of the alternatives you have mentioned.

I've done two calendars and a book and I couldn't be happier with the results. Get a mac soon and don't get caught in the "wait" web.
The only reason why I am waiting is I dont really "need" a new computer right now, if I needed a new one I wouldnt wait, but since this is "want" and not a need, I am waiting. Although, if they arent updated soon, I might just go buy one. I was at an Apple store over the weekend, and it was hard walking out of there w/o one.