Apple iPod Replacement Battery in-store

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ReanimationLP, Apr 10, 2007.

1. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

How does it work? Does anyone know how long it takes? I'd like to do it if its an in-n-out thing, as my 5G battery isnt working too well.

2. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

you will be happy trust me you go into the apple store talk to the genius bar then they will tell we'll test it and if its bad they will just give you a new ipod thats what tey did for the nano plus i think it took 1 to 3 days or so. hope this helped

3. matthewr macrumors member

Apparently they replace the whole thing...

I went into the Apple store in downtown Toronto to ask a similar question (my 3G iPod doesn't have enough juice to last one direction of my subway commute!), and was told that for $90 (I think that was the price), they would take my old iPod and give me a refurb 3G on the spot. This seems like an odd way of doing things, but when I questioned them more, I was assured this was the way they did things. Not sue how they deal with the laser etching on the back...

4. ReanimationLP thread starter macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

I'd prefer it if they replaced it on the spot instead of having to drive back and forth and wait.

Cant live without my pod.

5. Turkish macrumors 6502

The Apple Store does not do any type of physical repair to iPod's whatsoever.

You can send it in under their battery replacement program (~$69) if the unit itself is in good shape, or they may recommend some third-party vendors that can help you if it is outside warranty.

If it's in warranty and truly defective, they do swaps with reconditioned units in the store.