Apple iPod Touch 4th Retail Banner Price Advice

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by AppleAlex!, Apr 19, 2014.

1. AppleAlex! macrumors member

AppleAlex!

Was wondering if anyone had any idea how much this Apple retail banner for the 4th gen iPod Touch would be worth? Its in perfect condition, I even made a wooden wall frame that holds it exactly the same as in an Apple retail store.

I know that after use all advertising merchandise is meant to be sent back to Apple for disposal (so a store employee must have snuck off with it etc), so they are quite a rarity.

Thanks in advanced

Attached Files:

2. tdiaz macrumors 6502

Interesting. Never heard of the "meant to be sent back to Apple for disposal" angle.

Seems like an awful waste of resources. With how many of them end up on peoples walls..

3. AppleAlex! thread starter macrumors member

AppleAlex!

I work in an Apple UK authorised reseller (Stormfront), so Im just going based off what happens in this store. Im pretty certain it is what all Apple stores with advertising merchandise are meant to do.

I totally agree that it is a waste of resources.

4. Mr Rabbit macrumors 6502a

Mr Rabbit

Worked at an Apple retail store in the US, same thing here. Also worked for an Apple Authorized Reseller, they were supposed to destroy any advertising material that came from Apple once it was past it's use. A lot of companies share that same idea but I don't know of many that are quite so overbearing with it as Apple.

Even broken stools, chipped display housings, etc were supposed to be destroyed immediately. This is why I jumped at the chance to buy a broken stool from our local Apple store. The foot support had cracked and someone from the store had thrown it into the wrong dumpster, the one that didn't have a compactor. Some nice old guy noticed it, took it home, fixed it up and tossed it on Craigslist. When I mentioned that I used to work for Apple and that it was pretty amazing that he was able to rescue it he seemed really surprised.

5. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Nice save....