Apple Ipod touch 5th gen coming next week!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by XxpikachuxX, Sep 28, 2012.

1. XxpikachuxX macrumors 6502

Hi, i just came from this apple store in tijuana, mexico that's located at plaza rio if anyone knows the place, but forgetting that i just came from that place and i asked about the ipod touch and ask when it was coming out and they were telling people next week and you could sign in into this waitlist to reserve it and the capacity and color you want, well just wanted to inform you guys so maybe its true? next week? i hope its true :confused::(:apple::eek::cool:

2. MicroByte macrumors 6502

I haven't seen anything officially stated other than sometime in October. Maybe they are just speculating that in store preorders would star October?

Trust me, I'm not arguing against you, I really hope it's true.

3. XxpikachuxX thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah me too i hope they werent im really desperate without an ipod now ;(

4. stiligFox macrumors 6502a

stiligFox

Oh please please please.

I really hope this is true! Thanks for the tip!

5. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

next week is October. so it makes sense. I also wait to buy it. there is no official apple store in Korea. but there couple of apple premium reseller which looks like apple store. they mainly sell apple product nationwide. anyway, I just went there two weeks ago, made a reservation. by the way, it's Chusuk holiday here (it's like american thansgiving). a lot of people have started to take a trip since last night. holiday will be until October 1st. if you are in Korea, please, enjoy our tradiotional holidays (one of the biggest).

6. Rad-o macrumors member

If that is true , maybe it will be released on friday ? Because the iphone was released on friday .. :/

7. trundley macrumors newbie

I have already pre-ordered my new ipod on the apple store for the UK but the cart thing still says "Shipping: October" but doesn't give a specific date.

see attached picture

Attached Files:

8. Zeke D macrumors 6502a

Zeke D

I am glad they are still making the 8GB as the 4th generation. I have lots of 30-pin connector items that wont work with the 5th gens lightning connector.

9. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

They are not making an 8Gb. The 4th gen is 16Gb.

Everyone I know who is getting a 5th gen Touch is also buying an adapter cable. It may not look as nice but the 5th gen should work with all your 30-pin connector items.

10. ninaco macrumors 6502

ninaco

I preordered. Still no shipping date except "October"

11. Zeke D macrumors 6502a

Zeke D

I saw the adapter, but I wonder if using that adapter would put undue strain on the connector since a lot of 30-pin accessories hold up the iPod via it.

12. trundley macrumors newbie

I dont have any iPod things that use the 30pin connector like docks etc. I'm just a little pissed that we dont have the A6 chip like the new iphones.

13. rovex macrumors 65816

Looks like we're in the same boat. I ordered this morning, in hope it arrives fairly early after release.

14. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I don't think that will work (trying to mount the Touch in the accessory) and I believe most people will end up getting the adapter/wire and putting the Touch next to the accessory.

15. AT101ET macrumors 6502

I just won a iPod touch 5th Gen in 32GB on a penny auction in the UK. I got the confirmation email and it says that it will be dispatched shortly. It could possibly be next week and then I'll be delighted. Or perhaps, they may just ship it when they stock it in October when it is meant to be released.

Only time will tell :)

16. will0407 macrumors 6502a

What is this penny auction you speak of?! Can you put a link up? (or pm it to me)