Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

killerham

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
Apple is awesome... I called them saying my keyboard that came with my iMac didn't come with a usb extension cable... For some reason they sent me a free wireless keyboard...

timtom33

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
If only they could sort out the real issues as easily. That KB probably costs them $10 to make, probably less.

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
They dish out free crap every so often. My mate needed the wired keyboard for his iMac and they pulled one out of the back and gave it to him for nothing. Just depends who you get on the day, in stores at least.

omvs

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2011
I think they just tend to error on the side of "customer is always right".

I had a refurb Macbook pro Core Duo that had the expanding battery problem - fortunately within warranty. The took one look and immediately pulled out a new battery and gave it to me.

Happened again out of warranty, and no AppleCare. Again, new replacement battery with no fuss.

Then I gave away the machine to a friend, and he had the 3rd battery fail via expansion. His apple store did the same - new battery, no fuss.

Now, one could argue that maybe the batteries shouldn't be failing after, but I feel like they're treating me fair, and won't feel bad about buying their products in the future. Heck, I go to the apple store over other retailers now - rather give my money to them.

Other than the battery issue (and the iPhone that got dropped in the toilet), all my apple equipment has been very reliable. You don't have to appease customers as often if you don't screw up. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.