apple is by far the BEST company..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ihonda, Jun 16, 2010.

1. ihonda macrumors 68000

so allow me to start my venture..

it begins by me ordering a mbp outside of apple, getting it, having 2 dead pixels.. after like 10 phone calls i finally got a manager who wanted to help me.. he exchanged it out for a brand new one.. great right? not so much.. got home from the 2hr drive to find out my bezel on the screen had a nick in it, now it wouldnt of bothered me except it was right above the webcam so when light hit it the reflection drove me NUTS!! so i make another 2hr drive and exchange that.. perfect laptop.. then today i had it outside on a table, it was slightly windy.. then out of nowhere the wind kicked up while i was in the pool and picked up the umberella and knocked my 2 day old mbp onto the deck and dented the living **** out of the lid along with some scratches, i thought i was going to cry.. out of desperation i called apple care, explained what happened they didnt seem to really grasp what i was saying.. i know i know a macbook by a swimming pool? totally my fault.. so then i called another apple store in a different state which was also a 2hr drive and made an appt to go see a genius to find out how much it would cost me to have a new lid put on.. he looked at it, said hold on and came back out with another brand new one and exchanged it out.. i was floored! apple may cost some bucks but what other company is gonna do all that?

there were also a few extra bonuses given to me but id rather not post it incase any of his managers just happen to read the forums.. but big ups to you mr apple store employee you know who you are and made me happy as a fat kid at a cake eating contest today.

2. robotmonkey macrumors 6502

Good news!

Is the employee and/or manager on these forums?

3. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

"apple is by far the BEST company.."

I personally think Boeing is the best company because they make planes that allow me to travel great distances in a timely manner.

4. felt. macrumors 6502a

When I was shopping for carpet cleaning products yesterday, apple was not the best company for my needs. just sayin

5. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I agree. While I have had issues with build quality on some of their products, the customer service (in Chandler Arizona Fashion Mall Apple Store) has been amazing. No other company has taken care of me like Apple.

Ok, I guess the Steve Jobs voodoo Kool Aid special sauce has taken hold of me.

6. ihonda thread starter macrumors 68000

lol.. ok ok apple is the BEST COMPUTER company.. happy?

and i think the guy is a member here..

7. jaykk macrumors 6502a

I had a great experience with customer service at San Tan Village in Gilbert as well. They repaired hinge problem in out-of-warrenty MBA

8. wschutz macrumors 6502

So... how much time have you "invested"? 10 calls time plus at least 6 hours drive (plus the gas plus the car use which will lessen the life of your car :).

Oh! Yes... you've got the perfect of the perfect machines from the perfect Apple...

Ok... let's be serious... when you pay for something, you are paying for those exchanges as well as the (in some cases/countries, mandatory) warranty. You haven't paid a little for that hassle of exchanges... you've paid quite a lot because the hardware you've got on your hands is very cheap to produce (and the components aren't any different from other manufacturers).
    You buy what you want, in this case, you want to buy from a company which will gladly exchange your computer until is pristine... fine :) Some others prefer saving that extra money for other matters.

Same behaviour happens if you go to a room of a hotel where the bathroom is made of gold... I'm sure that you'll be pleased for any problem you detect because you'll be paying for all that (and the revenue of the hotel will be also very high as well).

If you want to succeed like Apple... it's easy... create a need and sell a product to satisfy that need ;)
    Apple is (one of) the best... at creating needs :)

9. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I personally think General Electric is the best company because they make engines for airplanes that make air travel possible. Along with creating thousands of other products useful in everyday life.

:D

10. nelsencaleb macrumors regular

I think Apple isn't the best company, because I don't believe they're really a name brand imo, but they're trying to be by putting a high price on their stuff. I just think they're an out dated computer company trying to keep up but can't because they don't know what they want, that non tech-savy people get along with, and I could go on..

Also I like how their simple look, that's about it. The hardware (it's what's inside that matters) in my Mac isn't worth squat compared to what I could have gotten. I also like how it goes full screen in SC2, It's the first game on my Mac that I've been able to play without having black bars on my left and right which just drive me crazy!!

11. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Yep! Apple is not a brand name
    :confused:

12. ihonda thread starter macrumors 68000

13. xaquaticx macrumors regular

My replacement 2010 i5 MBP has no yellow tint. Just mild fading of colors to the bottom but at least it's grey, not yellow. The Wifi signal seems better, still not as good as a MacBook, and still drops, but no crashes so far. Perhaps that was hardware. Plus Apple doubled my RAM.

They have good customer service. Always have. You get what you pay for.

14. Ramphex macrumors 6502

Ramphex

15. PowerGamerX macrumors 6502a

PowerGamerX

I'd hardly call them the best company, let alone the best computer company. Sometimes they're great, sometimes they're not, I've had less problems on my Lenovo ThinkPad machines and they tend to be more helpful about getting stuff fixed than Apple is.

16. gwsat macrumors 68000

gwsat

Despite the churlish nature of many of the posts responding to your good news, I think you have every right to be enthusiastic about Apple. The employee who took pity on you and replaced your brand new MBP, despite its having been dropped, went above and beyond the call of duty and Apple deserves a lot of credit for that. As this thread has proved, there are too many posters who prefer cursing the darkness to lighting a candle.

17. MikeyJ57 macrumors member

Right?
    Although I've found this forum somewhat useful, it's annoying that a simple question often gets answered with ......less than simple answers. Too many people with too much time on their hands, I guess. :(

18. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Not really the best company. First off they sell you several defective products with bad screens etc. And it took you 10 calls to get someone to help you! Yes it's nice that they gave to a new one for screwing up your old one (because you apparently cant take care of your expense equipment) Let me tell you something. Some folks had the water sensors in their iPhones set off with out even getting it wet, and were told they were screwed. A guy who shattered their glass tackpad had to pay to get it fixed. So you were just lucky.

19. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

Wall of text hurts my eyes. TLDR, so I'm just going to call it a troll.

[​IMG]

20. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

hahaahhaha i support this!

21. ishopukisfake macrumors regular

now they just need to make products which don't have so many faults and breakdowns. Sounds like you got lucky with one generous employee.