Apple IS fixing the software upgrade problem...READ this thread WILL help you

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bladednuisance, Jan 16, 2008.

1. bladednuisance macrumors newbie

I got an email from apple about the upgrade. saying that it has been added to my account, gave me a link to a new page with more specific directions on installing, along with troubleshooting!

heres how, First make sure
    -Upgrade is still in your purchase history
    -iTunes 7.6 is installed and running
    -iPod is connected and running the 1.1.3 firmware

so I went into iTunes Store click on the add for the upgrade, take me to upgrade, then buy now (DONT WORRY, your not getting charged again), you will get a popup message saying that you have already bought, BUT not downloaded, or transfer the file yet, click ok to download and install.. Click OK

took about 2 sec. for me

only thing is.... Their still charging $20

very happy with apps

so if your one of the several that bought the upgrade, but couldnt install it, here ya go! Enjoy!

-Edit- You may want to wait for an email response from iTunes/Apple saying that the file is ready for you, I dont know if it was reset massively, or individually for me!

This entire post is assuming that you were smart enogh to report your problem to apple when you had the trouble in the first place-

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

i reported, they said that they resent the update and to try it again, well it re-downloaded it but still dosent work

BTW the buy now button is gone, apple is currently disabled the update

3. bladednuisance thread starter macrumors newbie

it dissapeared for me as well, but after the email response it was restored. Then after installing, it was again gone. This leads me to believe that it was restored for me specificaly, due to my report. My point is let apple know and I'm sure the will help out like they did me. It only took about 2 1/2 for them to correct the problem for me!

go to view purchases from iTunes Store then report problem