Apple is giving me $70

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bob616, Jul 1, 2009.

1. bob616 macrumors 6502

Apple is giving me $70 for all of my problems with the iPhone 3GS what should I get?

I was kinda interested in those cases for the iPhone that recharge the iPhone too. what is the best one and how much are they?

And a response to all of the flaming.

-"The problem with my phone is that it over heated. I took it to the apple store and they gave me a lot of trouble with switching it and so I called customer service and they said that they will send me a box and I can switch it out with them. At the end of the phone call the person who I was speaking to said sorry for all the problems I can get you any thing from the apple store $70 and under. So I did not complain for it or whine or any thing, the rep offered it me."

2. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

The Mophie Juice Pack Air seems to be the slimmest by .11", though the Incase Power Slider looks better, but it's .11" thicker. Your call. What were your problems exactly and how did you convince Apple to compensate you?

3. keenan wolf macrumors 6502

keenan wolf

4. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

That's great, just encourage everyone else to flood Apple with complaints to try to get free stuff. Ah, look, people already want to copy your script so they can waste Apple's time and money trying to beat free stuff out of them.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Agreed. I absolutely hate it when people try to squeeze a free dessert out of restaurants because they don't like one or two things about the service.

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I had a similar incident once, and Apple were kind enough to send me the in-ear headphones with a remote that cost $110AU here.

...but then, on the other hand, it was because they damaged my $540 iPod touch when it was supposed to be getting serviced, and then lied to my face...

7. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Well, when I saw news reports of people rioting and throwing rocks at the windows of KFC restaurants when they ran out of free chicken I knew mankind was doomed.

8. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Exactly. :rolleyes:

Perhaps he should have used caps for the thread title?

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Wait why is everyone ganging up on the OP? Does anyone really know what issues he had? Perhaps $70 is fair compensation when he could have been given an entire new phone. Perhaps $70 was his idea of a rational payoff for his problems instead of bitching about one speck of dust and demanding a new phone.

10. Lenxal macrumors regular

Why did the OP tell us Apple was giving him 70 dollars instead for his problems if he isn't going to tell us?
    He should've put the title as "I got 70 dollars, What should I spend it on?"

11. bob616 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow guys.
    The problem with my phone is that it over heated. I took it to the apple store and they gave me a lot of trouble with switching it and so I called customer service and they said that they will send me a box and I can switch it out with them. At the end of the phone call the person who I was speaking to said sorry for all the problems I can get you any thing from the apple store $70 and under. So I did not complain for it or whine or any thing, the rep offered it me.

12. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

Bunch of Apple sheep in this thread. If you're having a problem and the customer service person offers to compensate you, say thank you and take it. Yet, folks in this thread accuse the OP of extortion or something.

I love the restaurant patron comment squeezing a free dessert out of the manager.

I got news for you, if something sucks in my meal, I send the damn thing back. But I'm not a sheep that blindly follows along and keeps me head down so I can bump it up the bum of the next sheep in front of me.

If ATT or Apple customer service offers me something free from the store for my inconvenience and I'm not even working them, I just smile and say thanks and call it a lucky day.

Oh wait, fanboi's iphone will probably cost 10 bucks more next year because of all you idiots asking for free stuff. Get over yourself fanboi. You are idiots, blindly led, drinking the company kool-aid whenever and wherever possible.

I love my Apple gear (itouch, iphone 3g, imac, macbook air and pro, ipod) I'm hooked no doubt, but I don't think Steve Jobs walks on water. <Rant mode=off>

13. joro macrumors 68020

joro

I don't necessarily think everyone is getting mad about getting a credit rather getting one that may be "undeserved." I don't think there's anything wrong with the OP's situation getting a credit and actually I would say that's a nice gesture by Apple.

I would opt for a case (such as the Morphie Juicepack) or maybe even save it for Snow Leopard.